Ships announcements

Ron the Rev

2 hours ago, Ron the Rev said:

What TV channel do the ships announcements get broadcast on. We are on the Sky for several cruises next year and always forget.

What kind of announcements are you asking about? For announcements over the PA system they have the ability to pause and mute all the stateroom TVs while the announcement is being made.

2 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

What kind of announcements are you asking about? For announcements over the PA system they have the ability to pause and mute all the stateroom TVs while the announcement is being made.

I've written about this before.  I have found it frustrating to be on my balcony and faintly hear an announcement being made and it is only being broadcast in the hallway.  I would run to open my stateroom door only to have the wind tunnel start blowing me out into the hallway, so I run back to the balcony door, shut that, run back to the stateroom door and open it only to hear the announcement saying "...thank you and have an enjoyable day..."  I've learned to keep the stateroom TV on the bridge cam channel.  It saves me a lot of running only to hear an announcement about some jewelry sale...🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ron the Rev said:

What TV channel do the ships announcements get broadcast on. We are on the Sky for several cruises next year and always forget.

Not to be rude but why not wait until you are on the ship to find the channel?