LAX Pre Cruise Hotels

cathleenblack

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Come over to the portion of Cruise Critic devoted to the West Coast departures, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/

Note, there are two ports, San Pedro/Port of LA, and Long Beach, so where you stay depends on which port.

In either case, Uber would be first choice.

Depending on how late and long you have traveled my opinion is stay by LAX and go to the port the next morning.  We are Hilton brand loyal and usually stay at the Hilton LAX both pre and post cruise.  It's also easier to catch an Uber at a hotel rather than at LAX proper.  I think most LAX hotels have free shuttles that pick you up in front of the terminals at several locations.  

6 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Depending on how late and long you have traveled my opinion is stay by LAX and go to the port the next morning.  We are Hilton brand loyal and usually stay at the Hilton LAX both pre and post cruise.

I've had nothing but bad stays at the LAX Hilton. If I want Hilton at LAX I stay at the H Hotel LAX or Homewood Suites LAX. They are in the same building, very close to LAX. I'd also choose the Embassy Suites LAX North before the LAX Hilton.

13 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I've had nothing but bad stays at the LAX Hilton. If I want Hilton at LAX I stay at the H Hotel LAX or Homewood Suites LAX. They are in the same building, very close to LAX. I'd also choose the Embassy Suites LAX North before the LAX Hilton.

Sad, we have enjoyed our stays there over the years (twice recently two and four weeks ago), gotten great rooms, which have been newly renovated and enjoyed the food at the bar.  Most of the time it's cheaper than those other Hiltons you mention.  Staff has always been very accommodating.