Getaway speciality and main dining

cusematt4

Hi,

we are looking forward to an 8 night holiday cruise on the getaway soon.

we are debating whether to go to speciality restaurants for 2 vs 4 nights.

if we did two we would go to ocean blue and la cucina.  If we do 4 we would also go to Cagneys and le bistro.

for a holiday sailing I imagine we would want to eat in the main dining room on Christmas Eve and Christmas night for special menus.  I imagine we may also be intrigued by at least 2-4 other nights or the main dining room non holiday normal menus.

what is everyone’s opinion on 2 vs 4 of the nights in speciality restaurants?  Would we be missing out on what’s included if we only went to the dining rooms 4 instead of 6 nights?

thanks

There is a lot of personal opinion involved here, so don’t take too much notice of what strangers on the internet say.

For example, there are some days that I would not even consider eating in the MDRs and Christmas Day is one of them. No way do I want Turkey cooked for 2000 for my Christmas Dinner, We went to Cagneys when we sailed at Christmas.

You say that you may be interested in the MDR menu on a few days, but remember that you really need to book your speciality restaurants before you will have any idea what days the menus that interest you will be offered (this is why some of us like the idea of a fixed MDR menu).

For me, 4 night speciality dining on an 8 day cruise would be the minimum I would want.

• Like 1

Definitely 4 nights on an 8-night cruise. 

Food for thought... We normally sail over Thanksgiving. And there is always the discussion of going to the MDR for a served dinner. We normally end up going to the buffet. While the MDR has a fixed turkey dinner, the buffet has all of that and more... it is more like home where you take a little turkey, a little ham, a little Chinese stir fry, and all of the traditional fixings. And piece of pumpkin pie and pecan pie and custard pie and other fancy desserts... along with scoops of ice cream. The staff normally puts out tablecloths in the buffet to make it more festive (less institutional)  

• Like 1