SCUBA options Grand Turks

LMADAMS91

My husband and I are on a Princess cruise that visits Grand Turks in Feb. 2023.  We're looking for SCUBA options near the pier or at least doable as an cruise excursion. We're newly certified and only to 60 ft.  Suggestions? Thanks!

Edited by LMADAMS91

Not sure if ships are offering these.  Cruise lines used to use Blue Water Divers but I've heard they are no longer operating.  You can check with your ship's itinerary and excursions offered.

For an independent excursion with good guides get in touch with Grand Turk Diving,

Snorkel and Diving Excursions - Grand Turk Diving Co, Ltd. (gtdiving.com)

you don't mention what time you dock, that will be important.  I would send an e-mail to the companies to see if they have spots.  

as far as being beginners, you just need to tell them that, and have fun.  Me and hubby did 2-tank dives there a few years ago and it was fantastic.  Just be aware, Grand Turk is on a 7000' wall, so your dives will be right there going along the edge of the wall.  I am thinking we went down deeper than 60' both times.  There was a non-certified diver on the boat and her boyfriend was her buddy and she did fine.  The DM was there watching to make sure everything was fine.  

We walked to the dive shop from the pier, just down the sand beach with the guide.. they were right by Jack's Shack.  

here's one of my videos: