MoveUp - Question Regarding Timing / Notification / etc

pl281

Generally speaking I know how the MoveUp process works - I've read the numerous threads on this. What I didn't see / what I'm looking for feedback on is - more so did you see the credit card charge / cabin change before the email notification....

My cruise leaves on Thursday - I put in a Bid to upgrade from a Sky Suite to a Penthouse Suite as there was one which became available. 

It was still showing as available until yesterday (Monday) around mid-day - and as of 4pm yesterday (72hrs prior to departure) the modify / cancel has been removed.

My bid is currently showing as pending - when I check the Celebrity app / website my cabin hasn't changed and I haven't been charged yet, nor have I received an email.

I'm just wondering if I have to wait until 4pm today to get any notification, If I'll get the notification before the charge (if I got it) or it's just a waiting game??

I believe there are those that have gotten accepted / upgraded before the 48 hrs so I am hoping you can provide some feedback. 

I only put in the minimum bid so I'm guessing my chances are low, but there is also the thought of domino effect that if I get upgraded, that opens my sky suite - which could trigger 2 or 3 or more other upgrades.

@wrk2cruise

Thanks for the reply - If I see the CC charge - then I'll know I got it, but what I am still trying to find out, is if they would process the payment before I get the other notifications or does it all happen at once.

As we all know Celebrity has various IT / reporting issues and this is via a 3rd party which adds to the whole who/what/when/where

I really don't think I got it, but at the same time it would be nice to know either way