Constellation (M class) secrets?

Funcouple

Hi to all of you cruisers who've cruised on Constellation. Please share any and all tips or advise that you may have from you experience.

- services

- shows

- food

- fun spots

- nightlife spots

- specials available on room service

- presentations

- courses / classes

Thanks.

Have you had the pleasure of being on any of the "M" class ships before ?

Our last cruise was on the Connie. Its a lovely ship.

-I love the champagne as soon as you come aboard.

-the T-pool/ used it every day

-the food in the spa- andcheck out the daily hot selection

-sushi-every evening on the aft of the ship

-cold towels after a day of beach and sun

-dont miss the first day martini tasting

- take a while and check out the shows ( some are well worth seeing )

- dont miss the homemade sherbets and ice creams

- take the time to watch the sunsets

-the wonderful, friendly staff !!! they really do make you feel special

-love the fellow CCers

-spend the extra $$ and enjoy the great service and food in the specialty restaurant

-enjoy getting to know your tablemates

-love waking up every morning to room service coffee and juice-

-breakfast on the far aft of the ship

-look for the omlette station and waffle station

-martini bar every evening

-Cova Cafe and a good cup of coffee ( you pay for ) and pastries ( free )

Enjoy your cruise

nadine

Hi to all of you cruisers who've cruised on Constellation. Please share any and all tips or advise that you may have from you experience.

Thanks.

Best non-suite veranda's on the ship are the CC cabins at the aft end on decks 7, 8 and 9. Verandas are almost as large as the cabins themselves. Plus the benefits of CC benies.

Rick

Take advantage of the computer classes that are free but fill up very fast.Do that on the first day.We took the behind the scenes tour of the stage show productions.Also the high tea in the afternoon was rather different.For every cruise that we take we always try something new that we haven't done.I tried accupunture on my last cruise only because it was something that i was always curious about trying for back pain etc.Check out the programs that are availiable in the Daily that is left on the bed everynight. It is a very good way to plan your next days activities.John

the little section they set up for dinner in the buffet restaurant with waiter service. ($2 gratuity, res. requested but not required) the steaks were superb, better than anything in the dining room and its not crowded so your waiter has a chance to talk with you!:D

Afternoon sushi in the aft dining room on the top deck (for that evening snack before dinner). Drinks in the aft bar after sunset with the musician playing guitar in the corner. The martini bar before dinner. Gee, think you drink and eat enough on a cruise? :p Also my DW loves the persian gardens for relaxing (check the numerous threads if you don't know what they are).

Take advantage of the computer classes that are free but fill up very fast.Do that on the first day.We took the behind the scenes tour of the stage show productions.Also the high tea in the afternoon was rather different.For every cruise that we take we always try something new that we haven't done.I tried accupunture on my last cruise only because it was something that i was always curious about trying for back pain etc.Check out the programs that are availiable in the Daily that is left on the bed everynight. It is a very good way to plan your next days activities.John

What did you think of the accupunture ?

These cat2 cabins have extra-sized verandas:

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C-6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,

:D

Have you had the pleasure of being on any of the "M" class ships before ?

Our last cruise was on the Connie. Its a lovely ship.

-I love the champagne as soon as you come aboard.

-the T-pool/ used it every day

-the food in the spa- andcheck out the daily hot selection

-sushi-every evening on the aft of the ship

-cold towels after a day of beach and sun

-dont miss the first day martini tasting

- take a while and check out the shows ( some are well worth seeing )

- dont miss the homemade sherbets and ice creams

- take the time to watch the sunsets

-the wonderful, friendly staff !!! they really do make you feel special

-love the fellow CCers

-spend the extra $$ and enjoy the great service and food in the specialty restaurant

-enjoy getting to know your tablemates

-love waking up every morning to room service coffee and juice-

-breakfast on the far aft of the ship

-look for the omlette station and waffle station

-martini bar every evening

-Cova Cafe and a good cup of coffee ( you pay for ) and pastries ( free )

Enjoy your cruise

nadine

Hi,

Where is the waffle station on the Connie:confused: ??? We didn't find it on the Horizon until the last two days.

Thanks

On the Summit (I presume it is the same for all M class) it is at the far aft end of the Cafe/buffet - in between the two doors leading to the outside aft seating area. At lunch they have special sandwiches and some other items here, and in the evenings the Sushi bar.

Hi,

Where is the waffle station on the Connie:confused: ??? We didn't find it on the Horizon until the last two days.

Thanks

Hi Rehabber, met you on the Sun Princess last year. I see you are going on the Connie this month. Please post a review of your cruise when you return. Would love to hear about this ship. We will be sailing on her in October.

The accupuncture treatment was very relaxing.Oils are applied to the skin that seem to put you into a relaxed frame of mind.Although i did not have any serious pain conditions i did have some discomfort in my shoulder for a couple of weeks that seem to gnaw at me when i raised it.The treatment seemed to take the bite out of the pain a bit.I went back for another treatment about four days later after only because the cost of it was at half the price.It was just something that i always wanted to experience!!As it turns out the aqua pool did more for my aches and pains than the martinis did.John

It didn't do anything for me other than relax me.After 14 days on a cruise i really wasn't feeling too much pain.That was the best therapy anyone could ask for.If i hadn't received the half price coupon i probably never would have tried the accupuncture treatment.I went to all of the classes that were held that explained the history of the treatment and the working technics.It is interesting medicine and the classes were free.Anyone with serious pain should give it a try.There are no side affects as there are with prescription drugs.Anyone that really needs the treatment might be able to answer your question better than me.My shoulder hurt so i gave it a try.

If I remember correctly as you are walking towards the aft of the ship, the waffle station is on the left side, not the right---PORT, not starboard!:D

The port side is actually on the left as you face forward. If you are walking towards the aft section, the port side would be on your right.

Go see Sudi in the Martini Bar:) :D :) He is wonderful, puts

on a great show and isn't a bad bartender either;)

As for the Waffles......just walk AFT....when you get outside...turn

around:) go back in...and it is "THERE"!

Just kidding.....no need to do that.....but it is AFT...after the buffet.

Some afternoon, try this: Go to the aqua spa pool and try and read a book without falling asleep. This is the "magic nap" zone. I can't count the number of times I fell asleep on the Connie, Millennium and Summit in the aqua spa!:p My wife would just laugh at me, until it happened to her!

Enjoy!

Kel

Psupa-

Hello! I will post a review post cruise. Good to hear from you. Where is the Connie in October?

Thanks to all about the waffles. Was it port or starboard? :)

In October she sails to canada new england and i'll be on her. Thanks for the tips.

Per previous post to this thread, reference is made to the extra-wide (large?) verandahs for the 2C class cabins on M-class ships. We're in Millie 6031 and 6033 for the June 19 cruise Venice to Barcelona. Just how much bigger are the verandahs? I've tried searching the CC message boards and can't get the information.

Thanks,

KnoxvilleSam

It didn't do anything for me other than relax me.After 14 days on a cruise i really wasn't feeling too much pain.That was the best therapy anyone could ask for.If i hadn't received the half price coupon i probably never would have tried the accupuncture treatment.I went to all of the classes that were held that explained the history of the treatment and the working technics.It is interesting medicine and the classes were free.Anyone with serious pain should give it a try.There are no side affects as there are with prescription drugs.Anyone that really needs the treatment might be able to answer your question better than me.My shoulder hurt so i gave it a try.

How did you obtain the half price coupon? that certainly would help. I have fibromyalgia and when it really inflames-i am willing to try anything. I know i will be spending $$ on massages and any savings helps

Psupa-

Hello! I will post a review post cruise. Good to hear from you. Where is the Connie in October?

Thanks to all about the waffles. Was it port or starboard? :)

Rehabber, the cruise we are doing is the 11 night Western Caribbean roundtrip from New Jersey on Oct 27th. Have a great time on your cruise and looking forward to reading all about this ship.

Archived