Sun Skipping Cadiz and Going Directly to Lisbon

Lady President

We're currently on the Sun. We had an itinerary change and are skipping our last stop in Cadiz to go directly to Lisbon. Communication has been a bit lacking, but from what I can gather there is another planned port strike in Lisbon tomorrow.  We need to get to the Lisbon port tonight to avoid problems. The Sun should arrive about 9:00 pm local time. People can get off the ship immediately or stay the night on board.

We're sad to miss Cadiz because it's supposed to be a charming city, but the situation appears to be completely beyond NCLs control.  In case anyone is curious, we were not offered any OBC to compensate.  Our excursion costs will be credited back to us.

Anyone boarding in Lisbon tomorrow should keep an eye out for potential changes/delays. 

3 hours ago, Lady President said:

We're currently on the Sun. We had an itinerary change and are skipping our last stop in Cadiz to go directly to Lisbon. Communication has been a bit lacking, but from what I can gather there is another planned port strike in Lisbon tomorrow.  We need to get to the Lisbon port tonight to avoid problems. The Sun should arrive about 9:00 pm local time. People can get off the ship immediately or stay the night on board.

We're sad to miss Cadiz because it's supposed to be a charming city, but the situation appears to be completely beyond NCLs control.  In case anyone is curious, we were not offered any OBC to compensate.  Our excursion costs will be credited back to us.

Anyone boarding in Lisbon tomorrow should keep an eye out for potential changes/delays. 

I get that it happens, but what a shame. Cadiz is a great place to visit. 

Did they offer return of port fees?  If not, I'm sure we'll have someone chime in that due to change they shifted the port fees to Lisbon for extra time there but it does seem proactive to get there before strike.  My question is if you stay overnight what is the impact?  Maybe have to take own luggage off?