Do more cabins become available after final payment date?

craig01020

I've booked a lot of cruises, but usually many months in advance of the sailing date. I'm currently looking at a May 11 sailing out of Southampton, but the only balconies remaining are the "guaranteed" ones. Since I really prefer choosing my cabin, I'm wondering if more balcony cabins will become available after the final payment date of January 11.

Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Try giving NCL a call. I bet they can find you a specific cabin. Or your local travel advisor. 

I see at least 100 BA category staterooms available on the site I use (not sharing it, sorry). 

Assuming OP means the May 11, 2023 sailing of the Star, the site I use (not allowed to name on here) also shows available BA staterooms. But the OP is correct that NCL’S site only shows “guarantee” balconies available.  Weird.

I agree with the advice to the OP to call NCL or a travel agent. 

I've noticed that NCL often shows staterooms as "guarantee" when there are still bookable balconies available on various travel agency websites (the same balconies).  If you are talking about the Star on May 11, 2023 there are still some BA balconies available for booking without going the guarantee method and having NCL choose your stateroom.

I checked a couple travel agency websites and it looks like there are 14 on 10 and one

(11618) on deck 11.   The one on 11 would have a larger balcony than those on deck 10.  One of the websites used does not limit the amount of staterooms they show in a category and it is only showing 14 on 10.  However, numbers rise and fall as staterooms are booked and cancelled/released.  When we were going to do the Gem T/A followed by Gem Med cruise in April the number swing on BA availability was astounding on the April 30 cruise.

Take a look at TA sites and see if something appeals to you.  Then call NCL, give them the stateroom number and ask them to book it.  You can change stateroom number later in same category if one you like better appears.   I did this multiple times on the above mentioned Gem cruises.  

Edited by kjquilts
  • Thanks 1