How to buy internet for one device on Crown Princess

Woodside Lady

41 minutes ago, Woodside Lady said:

We are sailing on Crown Princess on January 6th.  We want to buy internet for one device.  How do we buy just that without a drink package/fitness classes/gratuities/premium desserts/juice bar etc?  

Once onboard, you should be able to purchase a plan through your medallion class app.  Go down to Medallion Net and you can purchase it on there.  
If it’s close enough to your cruise, you maybe able to get it set up before you go.  Someone mentioned they were having trouble with that, though.  
If your cruise is before Feb 20, 2023, it should be $10 a day for one device .. if after though, I believe it’s going up to $15 a day for one device.  You can use more than one device, you just won’t be able to use the, at the same time. 

If you run into any trouble, you can find where the Ocean Navigator team is onboard and they will help you.  It is usually by the photo section on the ship.  

47 minutes ago, Woodside Lady said:

We are sailing on Crown Princess on January 6th.  We want to buy internet for one device.  How do we buy just that without a drink package/fitness classes/gratuities/premium desserts/juice bar etc?  

22 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Both Green lane.  I tried what you indicated.  No luck. Log out and log back in and tried again.  Still no luck.  Deleted the old app and downloaded a new app. Still no luck.  Who do I call a Princess?  John

26 minutes ago, John99 said:

Both Green lane.  I tried what you indicated.  No luck. Log out and log back in and tried again.  Still no luck.  Deleted the old app and downloaded a new app. Still no luck.  Who do I call a Princess?  John

I might be helpful to know what error message (s) you’re getting.  At what point are you getting hung up?

@t&atravel  On my smart phone -- I try "MedallonNet".   The next screen shows my booking number in the upper lefthand corner of screen.  In the middle a message states, "No Plans Available to Purchase".  Again, I'm trying to purchase wifi for one device with no luck.  As stated before we're both Green Lane.  I'm little frustrated. 

4 minutes ago, John99 said:

@t&atravel  On my smart phone -- I try "MedallonNet".   The next screen shows my booking number in the upper lefthand corner of screen.  In the middle a message states, "No Plans Available to Purchase".  Again, I'm trying to purchase wifi for one device with no luck.  As stated before we're both Green Lane.  I'm little frustrated. 

I did a test and it says the same for me.  I have the plus package so I don’t need to buy, however it use to show that I have one device and offers the upgrade to 4 devices.  It’s not just you.  I would try calling or use the chat button on the Princess website and try to purchase that way.  If you wait until you’re on board the price is higher.   Good luck

3 hours ago, John99 said:

Email askoceanmedallion@carnival.com ( and maybe include A360ad7@Carnival.com  since that’s who helped me with similar issue) and let them know you are having trouble and ask if they can purchase it for you.

I recently wanted to purchase Internet for an upcoming cruise but since I was already on a cruise I couldn’t complete the purchase.  The rep was able to purchase it for me via email and charged the credit card I have associated with my Medallion. 

In your email include your name, booking number, Date you sail and your DOB so they can access your account.

Edited by Shelly97060

I have a cruise coming up in March.  Been trying to pre-purchase the internet on the app but get this same message.  A week or so ago it showed both the single and 4 person plans.    I should have purchased when I had the chance.  I’m sure it’s a system thing and will get resolved.   

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, John99 said:

I suspect that you have run into the price change implementation.  Prior to the 13th what you are doing would have worked.  After the 13th many people have gotten the no plans available to purchase message,  I expect that they cut off advance purchase until the pricing is implemented.

Thanks for all the replies. 

@Shelly97060  I will try the email address you suggested.

@ldtr  good point about the new price change implementation.

Also, I was thinking Princess is not offering internet availability for devices (at this time) because their trying push you into taking the Plus Package.  For us, DW cannot drink alcohol because of open heart surgery and meds. The Plus Package does not work for us.  John

21 minutes ago, John99 said:

Also, I was thinking Princess is not offering internet availability for devices (at this time) because their trying push you into taking the Plus Package. 

I don’t think this is the issue, it sounds like there is some other glitch.  The folks at askoceanmedallion@carnival.com have been pretty quick to respond when I have contacted them.  Hopefully they can help you.