Transferring a cruise next voucher

eileeshb

Mods: I am not here to sell a cruise next voucher

I have a voucher that's about to expire so I want to transfer it to a friend who's thinking about taking her first cruise. Does anyone have any experience/insight on how to do this or do I just have to call NCL directly?

I sent an e-mail to their cruise next team but got an auto-response saying they'd come back to me in 3 to 4 working days, do not send any further e-mail but your e-mail should contain a certain set of info, my original e-mail did not contain the info listed in their auto-response.

Any tips ?

1 hour ago, eileeshb said:

Mods: I am not here to sell a cruise next voucher

I have a voucher that's about to expire so I want to transfer it to a friend who's thinking about taking her first cruise. Does anyone have any experience/insight on how to do this or do I just have to call NCL directly?

I sent an e-mail to their cruise next team but got an auto-response saying they'd come back to me in 3 to 4 working days, do not send any further e-mail but your e-mail should contain a certain set of info, my original e-mail did not contain the info listed in their auto-response.

Any tips ?

This is actually a very easy process.  We have done it a couple of times without any issues.

You can do it on the phone with an agent or by emailing the pertinent information to cruisenext@ncl.com. 

Here is what you need:

1. Your Latitudes Account Number

2. The Cruise Next Certificate Number you wish to transfer 

3. The full name and Latitudes Account Number for the recipient.  It they do not have one, just have them sign-up online.  New registrants will get a Latitude number through that process. You do not need to have cruised yet to get an account number.

It typically will take about 24-48 hrs for the certificate to show up in the recipient's account.

Edited by JandC_Cruising
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JandC_Cruising said:

This is actually a very easy process.  We have done it a couple of times without any issues.

You can do it on the phone with an agent or by emailing the pertinent information to cruisenext@ncl.com. 

Here is what you need:

1. Your Latitudes Account Number

2. The Cruise Next Certificate Number you wish to transfer 

3. The full name and Latitudes Account Number for the recipient.  It they do not have one, just have them sign-up online.  New registrants will get a Latitude number through that process. You do not need to have cruised yet to get an account number.

It typically will take about 24-48 hrs for the certificate to show up in the recipient's account.

Thank you .. it's in progress with NCL just hoping it comes through before the courtesy hold expires. I had to go ahead and make booking for my friend as it looked like the cabin class she wants was almost sold out. If the voucher transfer doesn't come though in time at least the deposit is only €80. 

8 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

Thank you .. it's in progress with NCL just hoping it comes through before the courtesy hold expires. I had to go ahead and make booking for my friend as it looked like the cabin class she wants was almost sold out. If the voucher transfer doesn't come though in time at least the deposit is only €80. 

I'm not 100% sure how it works with European bookings, but in the US, we've always been able to apply CN certs after the initial deposit.  This has worked for our own "already booked cruises" as well as for CN certs that we transferred to a family member who already had her booking in place and had only put the deposit down.  

After the transfer is successful and your friend logs into their account, the CN certs should show a a selectable method of payment. 

Again, that's at least how it works on the US site.

2 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

I'm not 100% sure how it works with European bookings, but in the US, we've always been able to apply CN certs after the initial deposit.  This has worked for our own "already booked cruises" as well as for CN certs that we transferred to a family member who already had her booking in place and had only put the deposit down.  

After the transfer is successful and your friend logs into their account, the CN certs should show a a selectable method of payment. 

Again, that's at least how it works on the US site.

The NCL support person I spoke to initially thought the voucher could only be used as a deposit but my experience to-date has been it could be used as a stage payment. Heck it’s what I usually do on my own bookings. When I said that to the support person she re-confirmed that the voucher can be used as a payment at any point.