Quick Review of Allure Thermal Suite

1Texansgo

Just returned from Allure and wanted to review the thermal suite. I purchased the package  a couple of months before sailing for a little over a hundred bucks. I had read some not so glowing reviews but enjoy a sauna/steam prior to beginning evening activities so I went ahead and purchased the week package. Even though I had read some reviews and knew that it was windowless I was shocked at how small it was and the dearth of amenities. I thought there had to be some hot/cold plunge pools or other standard spa amenities but there were four chairs (heated) two wet steam rooms, one sauna and two showers. Everything worked properly throughout the week and the units were always hot when I went in. I never really used the heated chairs as they were at an uncomfortable alignment for me but that is just my preference. I did use it 6 out of the 7 days and most of the time I was either by myself or there was another person there. Only once was it crowded and that was a family and they left soon after I arrived. It was nice to sauna and then leisurely change in the men's changing area. They had a hair dryer in the changing area which the older ships do not have in their changing areas. The best thing about the thermal suite was that it allowed my wife the entire cabin to dress for the evening. Is it worth it? Probably not but I will get the package again if the price is decent just to have the option available to me.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

Did you happen to notice if they have packages you can buy once on the ship or is it all pre-booking only?

You can buy onboard but i would recommend viewing first. Given the effort other new ships put into their Thermal Spas (Prima, Edge Class and MSC) it is severely underwhelming at best.

• Like 1

I saw a review on YouTube and got excited as the woman said it was amazing.  When I did t he tour, I was beyond disappointed with what was in there — or should I say lack of what was in there — and didn’t purchase.  If there had been more amenities, I would have.