Costa Toscana Blog

Wansbrough

Planning to take the 8 days Costa Toscana from & to Dubai in March. I'm still confused with the embark and disembark days. I have read that you check in on the first day and have the entire 2nd day to explore Dubai. Anyone knows if you can check in, let's say, at 8am on the second day? Also, the arrival time date says "Day 7/8 - Dubai (Fri 08 / Sat 09 March Arrival: 13:00) I'm confused as of what exact day it arrives at 1300? I ask so I can plan our return flight.

Thank you.

On 2/7/2024 at 1:28 PM, JL-KM said:

Planning to take the 8 days Costa Toscana from & to Dubai in March. I'm still confused with the embark and disembark days. I have read that you check in on the first day and have the entire 2nd day to explore Dubai. Anyone knows if you can check in, let's say, at 8am on the second day? Also, the arrival time date says "Day 7/8 - Dubai (Fri 08 / Sat 09 March Arrival: 13:00) I'm confused as of what exact day it arrives at 1300? I ask so I can plan our return flight.

Thank you.

I have no knowledge other than I’m on the ship now. I boarded on Sat Feb 3. My  paperwork said I had to be on board by 13:00 or maybe 15:00 on Feb 4. We arrive back in Dubai on Feb 9 at 13:00-ish. I have to leave on Feb 10. 

On 1/15/2023 at 11:03 AM, Edinburghgirl1 said:

Was there a currency exchange at the port in Doha and Muscat? 

There was a currency exchange at both. The ship docks next to a huge terminal building in Doha that is pretty nice. I exchanged $60 USD and got back Qatari bills with no fees or charges at a rate just less than spot. Almost too good to be true; maybe I did the math wrong. Muscat is a serious industrial port. Mandatory shuttle bus to the terminal which is in the middle of the port. There was a money exchange there that turned my remaining Qatari money into Account Omani. Again, the rate seemed almost too good to see it all be true. Then you had to take another shuttle out of the port. Terminals both had ATMs. In Oman the taxis and shops I saw had prices in USD/EUR/Omani. 

On 2/7/2024 at 9:28 AM, JL-KM said:

Thank you.

I'm not sure what the current process is, but I imagine it's like a typical Costa set-up with multiple embarkation and disembarkation days. Overnight in Dubai provides two options for getting on and off. If you get on the first day, it is as you say a Dubai day the next day. We did this in reverse, getting on and off on day 2 using the ship as a hotel for the overnight. Depending on who you book with there might be the option to do 8 nights and have two overnights.

I beleive this to be correct and happy to be wrong  😁

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 6:28 PM, JL-KM said:

Thank you.

On 2/9/2024 at 2:09 AM, Wansbrough said:

I'm not sure what the current process is, but I imagine it's like a typical Costa set-up with multiple embarkation and disembarkation days. Overnight in Dubai provides two options for getting on and off. If you get on the first day, it is as you say a Dubai day the next day. We did this in reverse, getting on and off on day 2 using the ship as a hotel for the overnight. Depending on who you book with there might be the option to do 8 nights and have two overnights.

I beleive this to be correct and happy to be wrong  😁

On 2/8/2024 at 8:08 PM, wcook said:

I have no knowledge other than I’m on the ship now. I boarded on Sat Feb 3. My  paperwork said I had to be on board by 13:00 or maybe 15:00 on Feb 4. We arrive back in Dubai on Feb 9 at 13:00-ish. I have to leave on Feb 10. 

Thanks. So you had to leave on Feb 10 at a specific time? Our flight would leave, let's say, on the 10th at 3am. So if it docks at 1300 on the 9th, I should be able to disembark that night to catch our flight.