Maloy, Norway

ontheweb

We are booked on the Prima this coming August, London to Reykjavik. There are 3 ports in Norway. When we booked it way back in 2021, the first stop was bergen, but now on the NCL site I see Maloy as the first port. (The other 2 are Alesund and Geiranger.)

DW is a recently retired art teacher and would have preferred Bergen as there are probably museums there. I know the other 2 are fjord stops. Is Maloy? (We were supposed to sail a Princess Norwegian fjords cruise in 2020 that was cancelled due to Covid.) What is there to do in Maloy other than I assume scenery?

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

We are booked on the Prima this coming August, London to Reykjavik. There are 3 ports in Norway. When we booked it way back in 2021, the first stop was bergen, but now on the NCL site I see Maloy as the first port. (The other 2 are Alesund and Geiranger.)

DW is a recently retired art teacher and would have preferred Bergen as there are probably museums there. I know the other 2 are fjord stops. Is Maloy? (We were supposed to sail a Princess Norwegian fjords cruise in 2020 that was cancelled due to Covid.) What is there to do in Maloy other than I assume scenery?

Not that much to do. There is one museum. It is a small town, but the area is beautiful. Check out Maloy, Norway on Google or TA. I would imagine your ship will have excursions to some of the more interesting spots.

Agree not much to do on town itself, but the area is nice. Måløy is not in a fjord, but an island on the start of the  Nordfjord. 2022 was the first year for Måløy as a cruise port. 

Things to see in the area is Kråkenes lighhouse, Refvik Beach, Stad peninsula, Selja monestary. My choice would be Selja monestary, but im not sure if the ships in Måløy are arranging excursions there... The museum in Måløy are a war museum... An hour east you have a vikingship museum https://sagastad.no/en/ but im quite sure there are no excursions there from Måløy.. 

• Thanks 1