Back from Marina Dec. 4 cruise

jwitt2

We are home after a 2 day drive and several more days of laundry and unpacking. It was a great cruise, especially after my name was called on the last morning as a winner of the $100 on board credit. This is much better than the rolling suitcase I won for submitting a survey on HAL years ago. It fell apart. A Facebook friend asked me for cruise line recommendations. I have been on many lines and recommended Oceania and Celebrity. The only thing lacking on Oceania is a longer walking promenade. for DH. The food in the main dining areas is as good as food in the specialty restaurants on other lines we have sailed on. The staterooms and bathrooms are roomier than most. This is all I have time to say right now. Happy Holidays to all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jwitt2 said:

We are home after a 2 day drive and several more days of laundry and unpacking. It was a great cruise, especially after my name was called on the last morning as a winner of the $100 on board credit. This is much better than the rolling suitcase I won for submitting a survey on HAL years ago. It fell apart. A Facebook friend asked me for cruise line recommendations. I have been on many lines and recommended Oceania and Celebrity. The only thing lacking on Oceania is a longer walking promenade. for DH. The food in the main dining areas is as good as food in the specialty restaurants on other lines we have sailed on. The staterooms and bathrooms are roomier than most. This is all I have time to say right now. Happy Holidays to all.

Thanks for your report. Were you a first time Oceania cruiser? Did you have a balance on your seaboard account?

We were on same cruise.  After several canceled cruises, we were happy to sail again on Marina.  We had a great time. There was plenty of space in most venues. Chaises were setup in groups of 2. We always got a table for 2 including specialty restaurants.   We only found the show lounge crowded. Since the shows weren’t to our liking, we skipped most of them.  Peggy Lee again. No thanks. Met lots of nice people.  There were some rude people onboard who were pushy. I stepped off the elevator a few times when they tried to pack the elevator.  I wore mask only when I felt crowded.  We loved the new Barista extended hours. Open till 10 pm was a great improvement.  Coffee there is better than any place on the ship. There is lots of comfortable seating since the computer area moved.  It was very enjoyable.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2022 at 10:54 AM, ORV said:

Thanks for your report. Were you a first time Oceania cruiser? Did you have a balance on your seaboard account?

This was our 3rd Oceania cruise. We still had a balance after they took off the $100. We had gotten some onboard credit from our agent and as stockholders. 

• Thanks 1