Price drop

DisneyQueen999

I remember seeing a post some time ago regarding cruise line's policy where a guest has booked their cruise and the price of the room category they've booked drops prior to sailing.  Unfortunately I can't remember what the post details and replies were.

We booked our cruise 6 days ago and the price for the same category room in the same location has dropped by £200. Is it a case of tough luck or will celebrity honour the price drop for our cruise?......just asking 🤷‍♀️

There are many answers to your question depending on all the missing information in your post.

For example, what cruise did you book (date, ship)? If it's more than 90 days out, you can simply cancel and rebook.

Are the perks the same at the new price? 

Did you book direct or through a TA? This is who you should call.

The rules are different in th UK, but if they apply, you should certainly get at least OBC for the difference.

Thanks everyone, I will ask Celebrity. I've never seen this happen before, prices usually go up!

Guindalf, I think your answer would have been a little friendlier if you'd left out the first sentence. Members come to the boards asking for advice and help. If you can't be nice, don't answer, because it spoils the whole point of the boards and puts members off asking questions. None of us know everything about cruising.

• Like 3

@DisneyQueen999 I think it was terse more than unfriendly. You may want to reread it and think about your question from the perspective of someone reading your question and knowing answering it needed more information. His answer very helpfully asked specific questions that needed addressing to answer your inquiry. Most people would not have taken the time.

Many of us have beaten our heads against the wall trying to pry contextual information out of inquirers who never bother to provide details that can help give them assistance, even after being asked several times. "Unfriendly" would have been something more personal than pointing out that relevant information was missing.

With dozens of posts a day seeking information here, it is actually quite friendly to get the detailed help that answer showed he was willing to provide.

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 5

Unfortunately we cannot reprice the cruises in the UK. Always find it strange that US TAs keep an eye on the prices and reprice with X behalf of their clients. Always found UK TAs less than useless (another subject).

However I found a Caribbean cruise I had booked on the Silhouette in March 2022 much cheaper on the US X site several months before. The new price on the UK site was a bit better too. I called X and they refused to reprice. However transferred the £300 deposit as FCC for another cruise and rebooked the cruise on the US X site (with the bigger deposit and the anxiety about currency markets). 

14 hours ago, ggo85 said:

My understanding is that you can get a lower price until you make final payment. Once final payment is made, you’re out of luck. 

Not for this poster in the UK, but the deadline is the final payment date, not the day the payment is made. If you pay off a cruise in March but the final payment deadline is in April, you can still get the adjustment.

3 hours ago, Homestyle said:

I am from the UK. When I booked my upcoming trip a couple of weeks ago, I was told by Celebrity that it included Best Price Guarantee. I will be watching the prices over the next 12 months till our trip.

That needs a little interpretation though, the UK version of the 'Best Price Guarantee' just promises that you got the cruise at the best price for that day, if you noticed it cheaper somewhere else right after you made the booking direct with Celebrity...

"Please note that proof of the lower fare must be emailed to your Personal Cruise Concierge on the same day the booking is made for the price match to be applied."

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/company/customer-support/our-price-promise

Edited by Mark_T