Happy Days Ahead

Phillpots

Been over 3 years since my wife and I was on our last cruise (Our thirteenth) QE October 2019.

After Cancelling all of our 4 cruises for 2020 we are now looking forward to 2023 and many more cruises to follow. Glad it's over as I'm sure everyone else is. Happy days ahead.

I had an email back from P&O yesterday regarding the way forward. Good business sense for P&O and all the other cruise lines.

IONA June then BRITANNIA September and then Arvia (not sure where and when).

Going to watch Carry on Cruising to bring back the memories.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Phillpots said:

Glad it's over as I'm sure everyone else is.

To be fair,  "it" has been over for a while. We cruised in 2021, and had two cruises this year. Many on this forum will have done substantially more.

What stopped you cruising this year ?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Phillpots said:

Been over 3 years since my wife and I was on our last cruise (Our thirteenth) QE October 2019.

After Cancelling all of our 4 cruises for 2020 we are now looking forward to 2023 and many more cruises to follow. Glad it's over as I'm sure everyone else is. Happy days ahead.

I had an email back from P&O yesterday regarding the way forward. Good business sense for P&O and all the other cruise lines.

IONA June then BRITANNIA September and then Arvia (not sure where and when).

Going to watch Carry on Cruising to bring back the memories.

Glad what is over?If you are talking about the dreaded 'c' word then it is growing again by around 1/2 million a week so it is only just beginning again.

Edited by Yorkypete
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

Glad what is over?If you are talking about the dreaded 'c' word then it is growing again by around 1/2 million a week so it is only just beginning again.

If you truly are Yorkshire man then you are probably the most depressing one I know.😁

• Like 3

Patience and understanding was always the key to all this. Roll on 28 Feb 2023.

Quote P & O -

Please note, we have only categorised cruises up to 28 February 2023. The 'vachoo' and 'nesting' policy for cruises departing after these dates will be published in due course. Although it may change, it is our intention that cruises beyond these dates will not require guests to be vachooed unless there are specific country or cruise requirements in place at the time of sailing.

Worth a valiant wait and so does my N H S wife think so.

• Like 1

Well done P & O 

Quote - 

Further details regarding these changes can be found on our website [www.pocruises.com]www.pocruises.com

I hope this has helped answer your enquiry and we look forward to welcoming you back on board soon.

Kind Regards

Emma

Guest Support Representative

Can't come sooner enough. TRUST ME

8 hours ago, Phillpots said:

Patience and understanding was always the key to all this. Roll on 28 Feb 2023.

Quote P & O -

Please note, we have only categorised cruises up to 28 February 2023. The 'vachoo' and 'nesting' policy for cruises departing after these dates will be published in due course. Although it may change, it is our intention that cruises beyond these dates will not require guests to be vachooed unless there are specific country or cruise requirements in place at the time of sailing.

Worth a valiant wait and so does my N H S wife think so.

If you are vaccinated you could have been cruising for the last 18 months! 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

If you truly are Yorkshire man then you are probably the most depressing one I know.😁

12 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

From Leeds..as to depressing, don't you like facts? Too many people are saying it is over which actually helps to spread it! Despite my increasing concerns re cruising, and especially P&O we are on the Iona in a weeks time as one last attempt to have a full, enjoyable P&O cruise. Due to current positions it may well be our last one for a while. They are becoming too expensive and uncertain, especially seeing my fav. area of the Baltic seems to be  a source of  scaremongering now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

From Leeds..as to depressing, don't you like facts? Too many people are saying it is over which actually helps to spread it! Despite my increasing concerns re cruising, and especially P&O we are on the Iona in a weeks time as one last attempt to have a full, enjoyable P&O cruise. Due to current positions it may well be our last one for a while. They are becoming too expensive and uncertain, especially seeing my fav. area of the Baltic seems to be  a source of  scaremongering now.

The Britannia Baltic is the one we are looking at in September. It says St Petersburg for night over but I reckon it's only on itinerary in case things change for the better. If it stays as it is then I suppose the ship would go somewhere else in the region but not sure where. This one seems quite cheap. We would go on inside for this cruise to spread cost for other things on board.

12 minutes ago, Phillpots said:

The Britannia Baltic is the one we are looking at in September. It says St Petersburg for night over but I reckon it's only on itinerary in case things change for the better. If it stays as it is then I suppose the ship would go somewhere else in the region but not sure where. This one seems quite cheap. We would go on inside for this cruise to spread cost for other things on board.

Where have you seen St Petersburg on the itinerary?

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I would be very surprised if it is going into St Petersburg.  I just checked the P&O site and I found no mention  of SPB see below the itinerary on P&O site a few minutes ago. 

Definitely ring and check with P&O.

Northern Europe And Scandinavia
14 Nights
|
Britannia
|
B322
HIDE ITINERARY
View map
DAY 1

1 SEP 2023

SOUTHAMPTON, UK

DAY 2-3

3 SEP 2023

DAY AT SEA

DAY 4

4 SEP 2023

Arrives in Early Morning

Departing from Afternoon

KIEL, GERMANY

DAY 5

5 SEP 2023

DAY AT SEA

DAY 6-7

6 SEP 2023 - 7 SEP 2023

OVERNIGHT

Arrives in Early Morning

Departing from Evening

HELSINKI, FINLAND

DAY 8

8 SEP 2023

Arrives in Early Morning

Departing from Afternoon

TALLINN, ESTONIA

DAY 9

9 SEP 2023

Arrives in Early Morning

Departing from Afternoon

VISBY, SWEDEN

DAY 10

10 SEP 2023

DAY AT SEA

DAY 11-12

11 SEP 2023 - 12 SEP 2023

OVERNIGHT

Arrives in Morning

Departing from Evening

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK

DAY 13-14

14 SEP 2023

DAY AT SEA

DAY 15

15 SEP 2023

SOUTHAMPTON, UK

That looks about right. On P&O site though they are showing it on map but not as you have done on breakdown. As stated before I am not bothered about that overnight stop. So happy days and to be honest the price looks good for inside which my wife and I are very happy with. Done many a balcony before and I'm sure again but for this one an inside will do at that price. Thanks for the update. Its been over 3 years since I used to look for cruises and I'm rusty.

Just now, Snow Hill said:

To go would be in breach of U.K. Sanctions, not sure P&O would to be in court for breaching them. 

I know. They would not go as it stands. Map on P&O shows they are but itinerary is not. Maybe if things changed but to be honest I'm not bothered.

13 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

To go would be in breach of U.K. Sanctions, not sure P&O would to be in court for breaching them. 

And they would be facing eye watering insurance charges, IF anybody would provide insurance. Passenger insurance companies would be a tad nervous as well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Phillpots said:

I know. They would not go as it stands. Map on P&O shows they are but itinerary is not. Maybe if things changed but to be honest I'm not bothered.

Even without SPB it is still a great itinerary. We have been to all of the ports several times.  It will be a shame if you don't get to SPB, we have been there on 3 cruises and spent 3 days there on a land based holiday and it is truly one of the most interesting cities that I  have visited.

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

Even without SPB it is still a great itinerary. We have been to all of the ports several times.  It will be a shame if you don't get to SPB, we have been there on 3 cruises and spent 3 days there on a land based holiday and it is truly one of the most interesting cities that I  have visited.

Many years ago my wife and I were always looking at going and I studied many a Youtube video on the city. Ah well, never mind (saves some pennies). You are right it's still a great place to visit and I would love to. If we don't pull it off in September it will still be on the bucket list for next year and so on. One day I'm sure we will do it. Hopefully this year. Eager to get back on board. My wife and I are are so chatty. The mayor of Liverpool has just thrown us both out for causing to much laughter in the city for the last 2 years.

1 hour ago, Phillpots said:

Just checked and its the 1st September. Can still do that no problem.

The September 1st cruise has not been scheduled to visit SPB for months  - I should know as we were booked on it !

However,  we have now switched to  Princess Baltic cruise,  due to it being a better itinerary. 

38 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Actually,  the itinerary is quite poor. Only 5 ports in 14 days - which is why we switched to Princess, with 4 additional ports.  

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The September 1st cruise has not been scheduled to visit SPB for months  - I should know as we were booked on it !

However,  we have now switched to  Princess Baltic cruise,  due to it being a better itinerary. 

I like the price of Britannia but do you have a link to the one you are going on?

1 minute ago, Phillpots said:

I like the price of Britannia but do you have a link to the one you are going on?

Sky Princess, departing Southampton on July 8th. Limited availability,  as it is so close to departure date, but we got a Superior Deluxe Balcony cabin, with Princess Plus package at only £350 pp more than a standard balcony on Britannia.