Noise from fitness center above

Hawkley

3 hours ago, Hawkley said:

Has anyone any experience of a cabin directly below a fitness center on any NCL ships and if so are there any noise problems? 

Here’s someone who booked such a cabin and regretted it:

“I agree that I would never try an upgrade to a mini-suite on a Jewel class ship because there are so many cabins you don't want to end up in. That being said, if you could choose your cabin anywhere on the starboard side under the spa, library, card room, salon, or photo gallery; and anywhere on the portside under the spa, those cabins, to me, are some of the best cabins on the ship.Just don't book under the fitness center!! Made that mistake once, and the pounding of feet on the treadmills at 6:00AM was not a welcome sound!!”

Quote above is from comment 17 on this thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2872394-should-i-regret-this-upgrade/#comment-63734358

We would never book a cabin under the fitness center, or any other noisy or potentially noisy public space. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Here’s someone who booked such a cabin and regretted it:

“I agree that I would never try an upgrade to a mini-suite on a Jewel class ship because there are so many cabins you don't want to end up in. That being said, if you could choose your cabin anywhere on the starboard side under the spa, library, card room, salon, or photo gallery; and anywhere on the portside under the spa, those cabins, to me, are some of the best cabins on the ship.Just don't book under the fitness center!! Made that mistake once, and the pounding of feet on the treadmills at 6:00AM was not a welcome sound!!”

Quote above is from comment 17 on this thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2872394-should-i-regret-this-upgrade/#comment-63734358

We would never book a cabin under the fitness center, or any other noisy or potentially noisy public space. 

As i suspected, a great help that thank you very much.

• Like 1

I’ve been (briefly) under the fitness centre, but on a Royal Caribbean ship. It was horrendous. We were directly below leg machines that banged and vibrated our room when they were released - all the time! The noise didn’t stop when the gym was closed, because the crew were able to use the gym when shut to the passengers. We went to Guest Services after one sleepless night and we were moved to another cabin, as soon as we told them our cabin number. It was obviously a well known problem.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Notts1964 said:

I’ve been (briefly) under the fitness centre, but on a Royal Caribbean ship. It was horrendous. We were directly below leg machines that banged and vibrated our room when they were released - all the time! The noise didn’t stop when the gym was closed, because the crew were able to use the gym when shut to the passengers. We went to Guest Services after one sleepless night and we were moved to another cabin, as soon as we told them our cabin number. It was obviously a well known problem.

Ouch ! Thats horrible.

8 hours ago, Hawkley said:

Merry Christmas to all. 

Has anyone any experience of a cabin directly below a fitness center on any NCL ships and if so are there any noise problems? 

Thanks. 

Yes. But it totally depends if it bothers you. People are in those rooms every week on almost all ships. 

• Like 1