World Europa - first impressions ?

little britain

3 hours ago, ocdb8r said:

Are there coffee machines in the YC cabins?  Are they nespresso?

Separately, have you visited the Thermal Spa area?  Is access free for YC members?

Would love any other thoughts you have on your cruise!

Yes there are nespresso machines in the YC rooms.

The spa is included in YC experience. The spa is really big but they dont care a lot of it, a lot of people in the saunas without a sauna towel and to much people inside the spa.

5 hours ago, Nikita4 said:

The spa is included in YC experience. The spa is really big but they dont care a lot of it, a lot of people in the saunas without a sauna towel and to much people inside the spa.

Many thanks to the nice words on the new WE experience. It seems that there are some first user bugs to be ironed out on that ship, and some difference in service. For example: Do they have the usual finger food in TSL for YC guests moved out to such a little bar near the restaurant or on the restaurant itself? Or, maybe, the ship is understaffed and then no surprise, really even though sadly...

Just a question; me thinks I have post in this or on another thread: Did you notice a piano bar for regular guests outside of the YC similar to the ones on older ships atrium bar where they used to have some classical or piano adapted music, or is it an YC exclusive right now? And what is generally the music like round the ship from before dinner onward? Can you post an activities page as an example?

Excuse me if it is so long, and have a nice day!...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ocdb8r said:

Do you happen to have the current on-board pricing for the World Europa restaurants (either individually or the dining packages)?

I was quoted by my TA £140 GBP (for two) for a 'Trilogy' speciality dining package on World Europa. I had to ask my TA as it wasn't available under my booking on the MSC website. My TA tells me all the packages are available to book via the website from 6 months out. I think I'm going to wait, as I'm not sure they've computed my 20% Aurea discount correctly.

Edited by Captain-John

19 hours ago, Captain-John said:

I was quoted by my TA £140 GBP (for two) for a 'Trilogy' speciality dining package on World Europa. I had to ask my TA as it wasn't available under my booking on the MSC website. My TA tells me all the packages are available to book via the website from 6 months out. I think I'm going to wait, as I'm not sure they've computed my 20% Aurea discount correctly.

I have 4 options:

Dinner and Bubbles £100pp

4 Dining experiences £109pp

Butchers Cut Chef Table £79pp

3 Dining experience £100pp

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, little britain said:

I have 4 options:

Dinner and Bubbles £100pp

4 Dining experiences £109pp

Butchers Cut Chef Table £79pp

3 Dining experience £100pp

Hmmm - maybe I have got a good deal as the 3 dining working out at £70 pp. for me,

On 1/6/2023 at 5:12 PM, Nikita4 said:

What is the drinks price limit with the YC package please?

is room service complimentary in YC? 

So, I have the Dubai to Genoa cruise booked leaving the end of March and the pricing showing up for me for Dining is as follows (this is USD pricing on the US website):

• Trilogy (Chef's Garden, Kaito Sushi and Butcher's Cut) for USD 138 per person
  • Finest Four (Chef's Garden, Teppanyaki, Hola Tacos and Butcher's Cut) for USD 149 per person
  • Dinner and Bubbles (Butcher's Cut or Chef's Garden Kitchen or La Pescaderia Fish Market plus a bottle of Champagne) for USD 135 per person
  • Butcher's Cut Chef's Table (shard dining experience with wine and sommelier) for USD 99 per person

I should have a Diamond discount on these, but it's not showing anywhere (even when I add to my cart).  No idea what value these offer over regular pricing, nor if these can equally be purchased once onboard (would particularly like to know the latter as we will wait if so).

On 1/1/2023 at 7:42 PM, alistairg said:

Has anyone managed to make any specialty restaurant bookings for Europa pre cruise?

They do not appear in the cruise planner when I look on line and the app hangs up when I select plan and book specialty restaurants. You can see the restaurants under venues, but not book anything.

You do that once on board

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

Thanks!

Is there any complimentary laundry 🧺

Did you ever get your 🗞️ newspaper?! 

No newspaper the hole week....
For the laundry you can pay a package. We had a 20 piece laundry package for this cruise.

Hi, did you use the internet packages on the ship? How well does it work? What package do you recommend? I'm not necessarily interested in watching movies, but I need a good connection for mail - including sending documents. Is Browsing Package enough or is Streaming needed? Thanks!