World Europa - first impressions ?

little britain

Too early; me thinks! They're on their first revenue cruise currently! People may be enjoying themselves, perhaps with few English speaking natives onboard, and CC trends to be a mostly English native website, while MSC cruisers trend to be very international! Many videos from the World Cup hotel day pass stays though, and the reviews tends to be mostly good! I believe the facility was great on that purpose. Time will tell for the cruises!...

Meanwhile have a wonderful new year!...

There's what looks to be a strange situation on the Royal Suite balcony.....

...where it looks to be "covered" in a way that is similar to the pergolas on the sundeck. The balcony looks to be shielded in all directions with very little open air space. 

Any information with photos/videos would be appreciated. 

Fantastic specialty restaurants! (From my point of view 4 dining expierence package for 125 euro pp is worth buying)

The first 3 nights i was in balcony cabin, then for 6 nights i'm in YC.

Poor internet connection. I'm using my uae sim card in roaming mode.

Edited by Dashikda
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Dashikda said:

Fantastic specialty restaurants! (From my point of view 4 dining expierence package for 125 euro pp is worth buying)

The first 3 nights i was in balcony cabin, then for 6 nights i'm in YC.

Poor internet connection. I'm using my uae sim card in roaming mode.

According to the videos I've seen during the World Cup, there is a specialty restaurant concept that stood out on me apart all the others; a place named "La Pescaderia". While it might to seem odd, you enter from a fish market, you arguably choose your meal, and then you go to see it being prepared for your enjoyment while you await. Can you talk something about it, please? If I ever go on said ship I'd definitely to eat there. The others not so much. I used to have several good restaurants of their kind at bearable distance from home, or the concepts are not for my liking, so no need to an up-charge, but that fish one seems different from whatever else I know; sea or land alike!...

If it isn't too much, may I ask a few questions: Is the regular bar/lounge space from where you can order from the regular MSC bar menus included on the drinks packages good enough for the ship's size? And what about "Coffee Emporium": Is it included or excluded from drinks packages? Is the venue really worth a visit, or is it better to pay a little more for Jean Phillipe? And finally: Is there a place where they host a piano bar sort of things with classical or piano arranged music for regular passengers outside of the YC, like the usual deck 5 bar on the older MSC ships? I haven't notice one on the videos out there.

@Nunagoras, first some words about us. We are foodies, family of 2 adults + 2 toddlers. First time on MSC. When I googled food pictures taken in the main restaurants I understood we are not ready to eat there. I also read somewhere that you can't use your drinks package in specialty restaurants (seems it is not true) so we had not prepurchaised any drinks.

We live in Abu Dhabi where beer cost around 12 pounds per glass, cocktail around 20, so prices on MSC boat looked reasonable (6 euro for beer, 8-12 for a glass of wine, 12-18 for champaigne, but champaigne portions are small).

La Pescaderia is the only specialty restaurant with outside seating (at promenade level). The menu is at the attachment.

I had concerns before embarkation that i won't be able to book specialty restaurants but while on board they ALL are emply at 6-8 pm. Our family were the only guests at La Pescaderia that evening. Kids had amazing grilled seabass, we chose fresh scallops, langoustine, grilled sand lobster and black cod. All was Perfect.

But at the champaigne bar you can order top-tier platter of scallops, oysters, crab etc for 85 euro. Stunning.

Coffee at coffee emporium is realy-realy-realy good. 4 euro. It seems it is included in drink package. Have nor tried Jean Phillipe yet.

20221224_162731.jpg

20221224_162727.jpg

Edited by Dashikda
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dashikda said:

@Nunagoras, first some words about us. We are foodies, family of 2 adults + 2 toddlers. First time on MSC. When I googled food pictures taken in the main restaurants I understood we are not ready to eat there. I also read somewhere that you can't use your drinks package in specialty restaurants (seems it is not true) so we had not prepurchaised any drinks.

We live in Abu Dhabi where beer cost around 12 pounds per glass, cocktail around 20, so prices on MSC boat looked reasonable (6 euro for beer, 8-12 for a glass of wine, 12-18 for champaigne, but champaigne portions are small).

La Pescaderia is the only specialty restaurant with outside seating (at promenade level). The menu is at the attachment.

I had concerns before embarkation that i won't be able to book specialty restaurants but while on board they ALL are emply at 6-8 pm. Our family were the only guests at La Pescaderia that evening. Kids had amazing grilled seabass, we chose fresh scallops, langoustine, grilled sand lobster and black cod. All was Perfect.

But at the champaigne bar you can order top-tier platter of scallops, oysters, crab etc for 85 euro. Stunning.

Coffee at coffee emporium is realy-realy-realy good. 4 euro. It seems it is included in drink package. Have nor tried Jean Phillipe yet.

20221224_162731.jpg

20221224_162727.jpg

Many thanks!... La Pescaderia menu seems great! As far as I know Premium Xtra package can to be used at specialty restaurants for quite a while now and it is included with YC bookings. Wonderful that Coffee Emporium is included in the package and good!... Abu Dhabi is wonderful. Visited there for a day!... Have a nice sailing!... 🙂 🙂 🙂

Hello! I am fully rapt in reading comments about experiences aboard the World Europa. I have been watching youtube videos of new vlogs aboard this ship daily. I am not cruising myself but I have booked 13 cabins for my family and they are due to sail in a 3 weeks!

They will be embarking in Abu Dhabi and flying here from the USA and Asia. Is a travel medical insurance required to enter the UAE for US Citizens? I understood it was required as a covid protocol but has this been dropped? If needed- what are the required minimum amounts of coverage?

For my relatives from Asia we had used Sharaf Tours to process the cruise visas for the UAE. Sharaf Tours was the company included in the information PDF from MSC. I have sent all the applications and required documents via email but have not heard back. It has been over a week and no responses.

I have not started check in for the cruise boarding passes yet but I would like to know now if a covid test is required to board the ship?

Thank you for any information you can pass along!

Has anyone managed to make any specialty restaurant bookings for Europa pre cruise?

They do not appear in the cruise planner when I look on line and the app hangs up when I select plan and book specialty restaurants. You can see the restaurants under venues, but not book anything.

Edited by alistairg
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, alistairg said:

Has anyone managed to make any specialty restaurant bookings for Europa pre cruise?

They do not appear in the cruise planner when I look on line and the app hangs up when I select plan and book specialty restaurants. You can see the restaurants under venues, but not book anything.

When I did the initial booking for late 2023, it allowed me to add a dinner package which I did, but other than that, I don’t think there is an option yet.

I am eager to hear from UK and Americans reviews especially on tips on the World Europa.  We are set to sail this August from Barcelona. I am going with an open mind since this will be our first MSC cruise. We've got the Aurea package and upgraded our drinking package to Premium.  

I have read few reviews on FB on MSC World Europa forums that bar service is slow especially at the dining room.  I was wondering does tipping extra help before you sit down for a meal?   Any tips around this would be helpful.

Thank you in advance. 

We are on the World Europa since some days. In the YC there are some changes, there is no more finger food in the TSL, no more food in the cabin in the afternoon. But the food is the same as on all MSC Ships this year. When you like italien food, then its for you.

The service is not slower as on other MSC Ships.

The ship is really big and there is a lot to do and see.

• Like 1

I thought TSL had morning snacks, afternoon tea and evening canapés?? 
Did they just not put them out or is the display food area not there?

Do you still get the newspaper and the bottle of spirit in you cabin?

I hear that the only Swarovski staircase in the ship is in YC

How has the entertainment been? Any recommendations ?

Thanks for any updates @Nikita4

Edited by little britain

19 minutes ago, little britain said:

I thought TSL had morning snacks, afternoon tea and evening canapés?? 
Did they just not put them out or is the display food area not there?

Do you still get the newspaper and the bottle of spirit in you cabin?

I hear that the only Swarovski staircase in the ship is in YC

How has the entertainment been? Any recommendations ?

Thanks for any updates @Nikita4

No, food in the TSL the hole day. When the weather is good there is food in the YC Grillbuffet, but not in the TSL.

No Newspaper at the moment, we chosed one,  but never delivered…

A bottle of alcohol we recived.

there is an other staircase with swarowski near the champange bar, i dont remember exactly.

The shows are new and good, but not the wizardshow with the conquers (or so).

Speakasy we try today.

On 1/3/2023 at 5:28 AM, Nikita4 said:

We are on the World Europa since some days. In the YC there are some changes, there is no more finger food in the TSL, no more food in the cabin in the afternoon. But the food is the same as on all MSC Ships this year. When you like italien food, then its for you.

The service is not slower as on other MSC Ships.

The ship is really big and there is a lot to do and see.

Are there coffee machines in the YC cabins?  Are they nespresso?

Separately, have you visited the Thermal Spa area?  Is access free for YC members?

Would love any other thoughts you have on your cruise!