Have a question for someone who upgraded to a Haven room and prepaid gratuities prior to the upgrade.

54Carol

We prepaid our gratuities at the rate of a balcony when we originally booked.  We have since won a bid to upgrade to a Haven Ste.  When I go on line, it does not allow me to pay the difference in gratuities.  I called NCL and she said we are showing the rate of a balcony and because we won the upgrade to Haven, we do not have to pay the difference in gratuities.   We are talking $120 if we pay before December 31.   With the price increase we are talking $270 if they surprise us to pay this on the ship.  This doesn't make sense to me, but heh, if it's true, I'll take it!

If you were upgraded and paid your gratuities prior to the upgrade, did you have to pay the increase?

3 hours ago, 54Carol said:

We prepaid our gratuities at the rate of a balcony when we originally booked.  We have since won a bid to upgrade to a Haven Ste.  When I go on line, it does not allow me to pay the difference in gratuities.  I called NCL and she said we are showing the rate of a balcony and because we won the upgrade to Haven, we do not have to pay the difference in gratuities.   We are talking $120 if we pay before December 31.   With the price increase we are talking $270 if they surprise us to pay this on the ship.  This doesn't make sense to me, but heh, if it's true, I'll take it!

If you were upgraded and paid your gratuities prior to the upgrade, did you have to pay the increase?

We didn't p[repay gratuities as we had none to pre-pay.  We did however pre=pay the DSC and there was no adjustment made at any point.

• Thanks 2