Ruby Princess giveaway - YMMV

Honolulu Blue

On my way to do other things, I noticed an awfully good rate on some Ruby Princess sailings out of Galveston.  I'm attaching screenshots of the best one for a cruise in late February, but I tested one from April that was nearly as good.

Ruby-Princess-Giveaway-01.jpg.f8e959641fb6e8c5644a890854bc9fcb.jpgRuby-Princess-Giveaway-02.jpg.077e026ba53f1f45e8f758018ba798d4.jpgRuby-Princess-Giveaway-03.thumb.jpg.a2ab81ddf9c7737961e806ae6f32b2e0.jpg

Notes:

• This is for an obstructed OV, which I found in the interior section.  Plenty of availability in this class of cabin on this date.
  • Rates go up for true OVs through mini-suites, though probably not as much as you might think.  It's worth a closer look if this offer intrigues you.
  • THIS IS A SINGLE PERSON RATE, which means there's ZERO single tax on this voyage.  The usual couple can expect to pay double what's shown.
  • No extra package added, of course
  • Pay very careful attention to the list of states on the first screen grab.  I happen to live in one of them (Michigan).  It's a region-targeted offer for potential cruisers from the Midwest and Northeast.  YMMV for the rest of you.
  • I've gotten similar-priced offers from Carnival in the past, though those were all based on my loyalty status.  This one I think is available to anyone who's from the listed states.
  • Also note the expiration date.  There's time, though not a lot of it.

I guess SOMEONE wants me to cruise more on Princess.  This is mighty tempting, if I can make the many pieces work...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

On my way to do other things, I noticed an awfully good rate on some Ruby Princess sailings out of Galveston.  I'm attaching screenshots of the best one for a cruise in late February, but I tested one from April that was nearly as good.

Ruby-Princess-Giveaway-01.jpg.f8e959641fb6e8c5644a890854bc9fcb.jpgRuby-Princess-Giveaway-02.jpg.077e026ba53f1f45e8f758018ba798d4.jpgRuby-Princess-Giveaway-03.thumb.jpg.a2ab81ddf9c7737961e806ae6f32b2e0.jpg

Notes:

• This is for an obstructed OV, which I found in the interior section.  Plenty of availability in this class of cabin on this date.
  • Rates go up for true OVs through mini-suites, though probably not as much as you might think.  It's worth a closer look if this offer intrigues you.
  • THIS IS A SINGLE PERSON RATE, which means there's ZERO single tax on this voyage.  The usual couple can expect to pay double what's shown.
  • No extra package added, of course
  • Pay very careful attention to the list of states on the first screen grab.  I happen to live in one of them (Michigan).  It's a region-targeted offer for potential cruisers from the Midwest and Northeast.  YMMV for the rest of you.
  • I've gotten similar-priced offers from Carnival in the past, though those were all based on my loyalty status.  This one I think is available to anyone who's from the listed states.
  • Also note the expiration date.  There's time, though not a lot of it.

I guess SOMEONE wants me to cruise more on Princess.  This is mighty tempting, if I can make the many pieces work...

Looks like a select number of states. Great deal

• Thanks 1

UPDATE:  In continued research on this fare, I found that it's also available from certain sailings from Fort Lauderdale on the Regal, Sky, and Caribbean.  I was on the Regal a year ago; it's a nice ship.  The cruise fares are a bit higher, as are the port fees, but there's still no single tax.  Here's a screen shot of one of the better sailings I could find in an obstructed OV in April on the Caribbean Princess:

FLL-Princess-Giveaway-11.thumb.jpg.8f7701747f2f22524987442d992cf38b.jpg

Here's how to quickly find them in your search on princess.com:

• Go to "Plan a Cruise"
  • Go to "Find Cruises"
  • Change "Date & Length" to 6-8 days
  • Change "Start/End Port" to Ft. Lauderdale (you can add Galveston if you want the look at the offers from my previous post at the same time)
  • Change Guests to 1 (if appropriate)
  • You can also change the Stateroom type to whatever you prefer (e.g. balcony)
  • Click on the "View Results" button
  • Profit!

You'll have to sift through the available dates on each sailing as not all sailings have this offer attached.  Remember, January-April 2023, from certain Midwest and Northeastern states (and Canada).

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Unfortunately for me it looks like sale is no longer there. Looks like i should have nabbed it last night!

Sales on the Ruby out of Galveston and various ships out of Ft. Lauderdale are still showing for me.  There seems to be a lesser deal that's available for all North American residents, not just the ones in the frozen North.

I'm sorry and I don't know what to say besides if you can find it again, put a hold on it and let your TA/PVP/future self deal with it later.

17 minutes ago, whee-sailing said:

It's still showing the no single supplement prices for me (higher because Canadian dollars, of course), but every time I try to proceed with the booking I get this error message (no matter which browser I use). Super frustrating!

nogo.jpg

I'm sorry about this.  I don't have any answers except maybe ask the nice lady in the picture above to help complete your booking?  🙂  She looks helpful and intelligent. 😁

• Haha 1