Deja Vu All Over Again! - Mardi Gras NYE Mostly Live - Let's run it back!

TxTeach79

10 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Cool! Pop Century was our go to place when the kids were growing up. :classic_biggrin:

yeah! When I lived in Ft. Lauderdale and had an AP every year, we’d stay here all the time when it was $82 a night! The good ol’ days!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Okay. So here goes.  

when we pulled up to the gate at Pop Century, security asked me to show my ID to enter. I gave him my DL, and for zero good reason whatsoever, I said to B “I would just hand him my passport, but I actually have it in my suitcase this time since I didn’t check anything on a plane”….. throwaway borderline nonsensical statement. And B turned white. as. a. sheet. 

She got back to Texas from being stuck in SoCal for two days after 1am last night. Had to unpack the Christmas luggage and pack the Disney/Cruise luggage, then get up by around 6am to catch the original long scheduled flight here to Orlando. A small unplanned chaotic window amidst a day of travel madness. I was worried she might have forgotten swimsuits or sunscreen. No. She had that. 

She doesn’t have her passport. 

&$#%¥!?+$!!!!

We ran to the check in/concierge desk at Pop, talked to a woman who assured us they can receive packages for us and gave us the address and how to do it, and B immediately called her good friend back in Dallas. Friend was on the way to a nail appointment, but graciously canceled and headed to the apartment building, which, luckily, has a nice doorman who is going to let her up to the apartment. B swears she knows exactly where the passport is, and her friend is going to get the absolute fastest most expensive possible before 8am super overnight insert your mail directly into a body cavity with tracking numbers certified option possible. 

and now, we wait. B is a mess, and we can’t even discuss anything disney related yet. Her friend just got to the building, so hopefully this works and it gets here tomorrow morning…. 🤞 

This sounds like a scene from "Planes, Trains & Automobiles".  So far, it sounds like you'll get your wife's passport...sending positive thoughts!

• Haha 2

Huge stroke of luck - lines for everything are nuts. But right as we walk up to the Margarita outpost, the open the back side on the water. Boom! Bout time for some big luck. 

252F23FB-5ED5-46FF-9826-2E1C869FC9F7.thumb.jpeg.c20aa6b72d0f6f881c1649dca7860c99.jpeg

orange grove rum runner 

741EB963-70AF-44BA-8C06-D57E6DEBA1AB.thumb.jpeg.9f714905d4db93b4b27023c97a409989.jpeg

watermelon marg for B. Told her she’s gotta try that watermelon drink everyone loves at the Watering Hole on MG 

• Like 8