Deja Vu All Over Again! - Mardi Gras NYE Mostly Live - Let's run it back!

TxTeach79

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

Dumb PC question for those who are following - I’ve only Ubered/been dropped off at PC, and my last minute travel snafu has me parking this trip.

I know last month when I got dropped off for that early embark window there was insane line to turn into the garage. Some people complained of waiting over an hour, etc., so I’m definitely gonna get there way early. My question is, since you can’t really pay online a la Galveston in advance, do you just pay for the week when you get there? Is there a booth or a dude with a machine there, or do you park and then print a ticket at some kiosk or something? 

In regards to parking for the Mardi Gras......

Parking for the Mardi Gras

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

In regards to parking for the Mardi Gras......

Parking for the Mardi Gras

perfect! Exactly what I needed! Thanks! I’d read your review before but that part didn’t hit home then as much as it does now! 😂😂😂

do you happen to recall roughly what time you got there? That looks so much better than what I encountered in November!

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Late to the party, but I'm here for this!! So glad you made it past all of the challenges in the beginning and can just enjoy your vacation now!

welcome back! Great to have my Big D pal back on board! Wait… I mean… Um… you know. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

perfect! Exactly what I needed! Thanks! I’d read your review before but that part didn’t hit home then as much as it does now! 😂😂😂

do you happen to recall roughly what time you got there? That looks so much better than what I encountered in November!

We got there around 9:30. 😎

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

The crowds are insane. Two rides are down. One of our lightning lane passes got cancelled because the ride went down - but we are having a fantastic time! Weather is great, and God bless drinking around the world 

I laugh when so many in those crowds would probably say they could never go on a cruise - way too crowded. 🙂

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, VictorWI said:

I laugh when so many in those crowds would probably say they could never go on a cruise - way too crowded. 🙂

man, you are not kidding! I’ve had the thought several times that we absolutely need to stop complaining about lines on ships and boorish behavior by cruise passengers, because we ain’t seen NOTHING like this 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Made it back to Pop via the Disney bus. Walked through the gift shop to see if they had something and I found this…. 

9738DDE4-1C2C-46AC-B7D6-A017BAFA642A.thumb.jpeg.91b4a2a75731301908158ee56f312979.jpeg

look, I’m glad we’re all getting healthier and so many less folks smoke and all, but come on. Old school ash trays were dooooope. I picked this up and I swear I was back in my grandmother’s living room in 1984.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Made it back to Pop via the Disney bus. Walked through the gift shop to see if they had something and I found this…. 

9738DDE4-1C2C-46AC-B7D6-A017BAFA642A.thumb.jpeg.91b4a2a75731301908158ee56f312979.jpeg

look, I’m glad we’re all getting healthier and so many less folks smoke and all, but come on. Old school ash trays were dooooope. I picked this up and I swear I was back in my grandmother’s living room in 1984.

Was it called an ashtray?  Where are the divots in the rim of the bowl to hold cigarettes?  Just curious.  Maybe a small amuse bouche bowl (just kidding)🤣

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Was it called an ashtray?  Where are the divots in the rim of the bowl to hold cigarettes?  Just curious.  Maybe a small amuse bouche bowl (just kidding)🤣

Oh I have zero doubt there’s no WAY they’re calling it an ashtray these days 😂😂

• Haha 1

Mulling over dinner options for tonight. Keeping it easy breezy. I’m Disney tired. I’m glad we did it, we had a lot of fun, but I think we’re good for a while. Next time we sail from PC, we’ll do a couple nights in Cocoa Beach. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Thanks a million to everyone who’s following! If the travel pains and Disney stuff hasn’t been your bag, I promise we’re about to get way more site appropriate tomorrow! 

Well for me, I love it! It's your trip and what's happening and, glad it all worked out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Wait, is that really an ashtray?? When I worked for the Mouse about 100 years ago, we were told they would NEVER sell certain things with a logo on them and the only one I remember was ashtrays! Walt would would die. 🤦‍♀️😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1