Deja Vu All Over Again! - Mardi Gras NYE Mostly Live - Let's run it back!

TxTeach79

2 minutes ago, allinwonderland said:

I believe anything where you'd have to buy doesn't count to your 15 (like a bottle of wine, or a brewery tour/Alchemy cocktail class) but on the day I did the class thing, I didn't get close enough to my 15 to have to worry and know for sure.

Certainly seems like a nice little loophole, and in the case of bottles of wine, if their concern is over serving people, there's not enough alcohol content in wine to make that much of a difference unless you bought 5 bottles on top of your Cheers limit.

This is how my hubby gets around the 15 drink rule. As long as you buy the wine before the 15th drink it does not count towards 15. But once you hit 15 that's it, nothing else is supposed to be bought. We have had bar tenders over look this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Richjoxyz said:

You did the muster drill when you first boarded?  Used to be at around 3:30 right before sailing.

Carnival wants you to get it out of the way as soon as possible.  Your muster station is listed on your sign and sail card. Just ask a crew member where you should go.  Only takes a few minutes. No more standing in the heat.

• Like 1

Just now, TxTeach79 said:

Problem solved. Your choice of unlimited chardonnay or merlot. No clue if this is a first night thing or a NYE thing, but I’ve been filled up four times. 

DAMN that's nice. I know they do the free wine on the first night at the steakhouse (and would assume that applies to Rudi's as well, given the similar price point) but it's unlimited? Like they've brought you more than 1 bottle and didn't make you pay??

• Like 1

Just now, allinwonderland said:

DAMN that's nice. I know they do the free wine on the first night at the steakhouse (and would assume that applies to Rudi's as well, given the similar price point) but it's unlimited? Like they've brought you more than 1 bottle and didn't make you pay??

they haven’t left a bottle at the table yet - they just asked if we wanted Chardonnay or merlot and have been filling us up ever since! 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, purpleally said:

Way too many kids, way too many people for me!

The MG really handles it well! The pools will be the true test, but so far so good. But yeah, if you’re a small ship person, this probably isn’t your scene. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

my friend, you are living the good life 

I truly believe we live in Paradise on Earth. We love it here 

15 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Problem solved. Your choice of unlimited chardonnay or merlot. No clue if this is a first night thing or a NYE thing, but I’ve been filled up four times. 

9C6E4AA1-DF56-43F7-BA31-1813EE193867.thumb.jpeg.95df7d85b1e06a674f424a1c36e0e356.jpeg

Probably a NYE thing? I have to say, I loved Rudi's and I ate steak. I'm allergic to shellfish and I think I enjoyed it more than the seafood lovers with me.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

my friend, you are living the good life 

I truly believe we live in Paradise on Earth. We love it here 

15 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

9C6E4AA1-DF56-43F7-BA31-1813EE193867.thumb.jpeg.95df7d85b1e06a674f424a1c36e0e356.jpeg

Probably a NYE thing? I have to say, I loved Rudi's and I ate steak. I'm allergic to shellfish and I think I enjoyed it more than the seafood lovers with me.

• Like 1