Havana Area on Vista compared to Horizon

tw67

The other day I had a question answered that has now lead me to another question.  I have been in the Havana area of Horizon 2 times.  I loved it.  Thinking of booking Vista for when it comes to Florida.  On deck 8 aft on Horizon I was in Havana Area.  But on Vista those cabins are not Havana Area.  

If there is someone who has done Havana Area in both Vista and Horizon, can you tell me is the Havana area on Vista less people?  I never found it crowded on Horizon, so I just am wondering why the difference between the two ships?  Also isn't it weird to have this area overlooking the Havana area and not be able to use it?

The Havana area was not very busy on the Vista (but was popular in terms of bookings--which they could upcharge for) so when they built Horizon, they added a few more of the aft view and corner balcony cabins.  Otherwise, it is the same.

People can look down on you from the pool on the lido deck in the Havana area anyway so it doesn't really matter if the people in balconies on deck 8 and 9 can see you.  None of those balconies have much privacy so don't go out on them naked.

Edited by Eli_6

They also started allowing the Grand Suites to use the Havana area, too, which was originally not a bonus in the Vista's early days.

Frankly, when I have cruised in Havana it never seems very busy at all.  Almost weirdly so at times.  There have been times when I was the only person out there and I honestly felt a little strange. 

10 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

The Havana area was not very busy on the Vista (but was popular in terms of bookings--which they could upcharge for) so when they built Horizon, they added a few more of the aft view and corner balcony cabins.  Otherwise, it is the same.

People can look down on you from the pool on the lido deck in the Havana area anyway so it doesn't really matter if the people in balconies on deck 8 and 9 can see you.  None of those balconies have much privacy so don't go out on them naked.

Thanks again Eli!  I wasn't worried about privacy.  On Horizon I had an aft on the 8th, and that was Havana area.  It was cool to look down on our balcony to see if our friends were in the pool yet.  I just can't imagine being on the 8th, looking down and know that I can't join them!  I am not a fan of the Havana Cabana's.  I liked the afts, but I wouldn't get one without it being Havana.  

• Like 1

TW67 - Off topic question. I have an upcoming cruise on Horizon with an 8th deck Aft balcony cabin and I'm curious, do the back stairs go from deck 8 down to 5? I've read conflicting information that they are staff only, open to guests, etc...  Can you confirm? Sure seems like the easy way to get to the Havana area! This is our first time on the Horizon. Thanks! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seavino said:

TW67 - Off topic question. I have an upcoming cruise on Horizon with an 8th deck Aft balcony cabin and I'm curious, do the back stairs go from deck 8 down to 5? I've read conflicting information that they are staff only, open to guests, etc...  Can you confirm? Sure seems like the easy way to get to the Havana area! This is our first time on the Horizon. Thanks! 

Yes they do!  Only on one side of them.  We were in 8467.  The ones closest to 8470 went down to 5.  We usually used it to go down, but by the time we were going up, we headed for the elevator!  

You will love 8th deck aft!  You have a little bit of an overhang from 9th deck, so not totally in the sun, so if you need a little bit of shade, you are good.  You are high enough up that noise usually didn't go up that high.  That is why I am a bit disappointed that I can't get that deck on Vista and be in the Havana area.  Enjoy!!  

That's great news! We are in 8474 so that will be handy to have the stairs nearby. It sounds like a great spot to be, thanks for the information. I've heard others talk about the soot problem but not letting it worry me... seems the location and view will definitely outweigh having to wipe down a chair. LOL Getting excited for sure! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seavino said:

That's great news! We are in 8474 so that will be handy to have the stairs nearby. It sounds like a great spot to be, thanks for the information. I've heard others talk about the soot problem but not letting it worry me... seems the location and view will definitely outweigh having to wipe down a chair. LOL Getting excited for sure! 

Do not leave anything on the deck!  There will be soot!  They do clean it up, and I brought wipes on my cruise, so I also wiped down my lounger.  But the view it worth it!!

• Like 1