Panorama Balcony - Deck 2 or go higher?

nanseev

I'm currently booked for an April 2023 cruise on the Panorama in cabin #2333.  I've only been on Carnival Miracle before, but cruised multiple times on Royal and once on MSC.  Usually on Royal, I'm in a balcony cabin anywhere between Deck 6-10, and I typically prefer near an elevator.  If I'm traveling with my teens, I'll chose more towards the back, but  have stayed mid-ship.  I've never stayed in the front.

When I booked Panorama, I read that the views from the balcony on Deck 2 were very different, and it felt so much closer to the water.  Although I know they are "closed" in, I thought the experience near the water may be different than a balcony that we typically have on our Royal cruises.

I'm now having second thoughts....am I going to have too much noise in the cabin?  Is it going to feel to "enclosed" and have significant obstructed view from the room/balcony?  Will I end up with lots of pitter-patter/running toddlers/kids outside the door traffic because of the Family Harbor (although it looks like they have a different, more convenient elevator?)  My teens seem to have the feeling like the lower deck is not "special" (although they are happy with anything...they just feel like it's "lesser").  It is more $$ for a higher balcony cabin, which I'm ok with spending to make a better experience.  

Feedback from those who have stayed on Deck 2 in a balcony?  Yay or Nay?

There are both positives and negatives to cove balconies. So it all depends on your preferences.

Positives:

1. You can see wildlife up close (dolphins, sea turtles, etc)

2. It’s shaded so no sunburn

3. It’s close to the main dining room

4. it’s close to the family harbor area

Negatives:

1. Rough seas can cause the balcony to be wet very often 

2. It’s a long way away from the lido, specialty restaurants, & spa

3. If it’s really rough seas they can close down the balcony (doesn’t happen often)

4. No direct sunlight since you’re right below the lifeboats.

5. Some feel closed in by the balcony instead of having that open airy feel

For me personally it’s not my cup of tea. I like the balconies higher up that are closer to the things I prefer like the lido, specialty restaurants, spa, etc. I also prefer being in the direct sunlight, it recharges me. But there are many people that swear by the cove balconies and won’t book anything else. Hope this helps. 

• Like 2

We have been in 7446 on the Panorama and 2274. We booked 7746 because it has a bigger balcony, but when we looked straight down we were looking into the Havana balconies instead of the water. The next time we booked the cove balcony and while we joked about being down in steerage, it was nice to be close to the water and to be able to see the tenders, pilot boat and the pier while docked.

• Like 1

We sailed in our first cove balcony on the Panorama in October, loved everything about it! I did my research and we were in 2308, not under the galley which you definitely want to avoid due to overnight/early morning noise. I use the the cabin checker website  https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/cabin-check.php?ship=Carnival-Panoramaand your cabin 2333 appears to under the dining room which should be fine. We LOVED our cove balcony and being so close. Easy on and off from ports too!