How is MSC yacht club?

RMS Olympic

I have only sailed once on MSC back in 2014...on the Divina.

Booked a Balcony cabin in September on a 7 night Caribbean cruise.

I was disappointed with the service, the food and the passengers.

Now many years later I’m looking at a summer cruise out of Port Canaveral for a week. The yacht club on the Seaside looks nice but not sure what to expect.

Thoughts on the yacht club overall?

Is there enough to make the week up there a nice experience should the rest of the ship be a mob scene and too congested to leave the club?

Thanks in advance.

We booked an inside cabin in the Yacht Club on the Meraviglia. The room was way too small: they sacrificed storage space for bathroom size and we ended up having little room to put our clothes and had to keep half of our stuff in the suitcases under the bed.

However, the Yacht Club experience itself was well worth it and we spent a lot of time there. The ease of getting on and off the ship, the service, and the restaurant were enough for us to agree that we'd only sail MSC in the Yacht Club, even if it meant only going on one cruise instead of two due to the price.

IF you are going to sail on the MSC the only way I would do it was in Yacht Club.  Get a balcony YC if you can.  From the private check in area to private lounge and restaurant you will be away from the masses.  Never have to worry about a chair by the pool or waiting to get a drink.  MSC is a "unique" line as they have many quirks but we have learned to laugh at most things and just get some more to drink.  ENJOY!

Since we discovered the Yacht Club on MSC (and similarly the Retreat on Celebrity and the Haven on NCL) we’ve rarely looked back. Food, service, amenities are all superior. The rest of the ship is indeed a “mob scene” and we try to avoid it. Yacht Club is the best of the ‘ship within a ship’ concept and after two cruises on other lines this summer I’ll be back on MSC Seashore next Christmas and plan to never leave MSC again. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I am booked on May 7th 2023 on the Seaside, had the same questions, but get told it is supposed to be better then Celebrity Retreat or NCL Haven. Going by myself in an inside to try it out and for a 4 night cruise it should be fine with the storage. The rest of the ship....hmmmm LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey RMS,

Great to see you around. Sailed with you many times on RSVP. You had yet to try NCL and was looking forward to Gauguin. Time marches forward and we wish you well. Too old to call and wake you at midnight to go partying now. Love ya. 

Kip (and Ken)

p.s. We just moved to Fort Myers. Would love to see you.