Breakaway Haven connecting cabins

micahd

First time looking at NCL and myself and our TA are a bit confused about connecting cabins in the Haven.

On deck 16, the H2 Deluxe Owners Suites... deck plans show them connecting to the Penthouse cabins 16704 and 16104. Do they also connect to the H3 OS 16700 and 16100? Some older YouTube videos mention a foldable wall between the H2 and H3 cabins. Has anyone done this with larger family groups? Any clarity and recent first-hand experience would be helpful here.

Edited by micahd

12 hours ago, micahd said:

First time looking at NCL and myself and our TA are a bit confused about connecting cabins in the Haven.

On deck 16, the H2 Deluxe Owners Suites... deck plans show them connecting to the Penthouse cabins 16704 and 16104. Do they also connect to the H3 OS 16700 and 16100? Some older YouTube videos mention a foldable wall between the H2 and H3 cabins. Has anyone done this with larger family groups? Any clarity and recent first-hand experience would be helpful here.

We booked 16700 and it's connecting penthouse last march.  We found the balcony on 16700 to be unusable if the ship was at sea due to the very brisk wind.  Twice the crew lashed all the balcony furniture together to prevent it being lost due to the wind.  Once they entered the cabin to tie down the furniture while we were sleeping.   I would not book any of the forward facing owners suites again.

• Thanks 1

We stayed in 16702.  One of the worst rooms ever due to movable wall to the OS to the left.  It leaked noise like crazy even though neighbors were talking in normal levels.

But if you are sailing with family than maybe ok.  The room behind has more of a traditional door and never heard a peep of the family of three.

I've only read one or two reports over the years of people booking both and opening the wall.

There is a wrap around balcony but they put in a door divider as it turns the corner which even in Port is a safety hazard as it acts like a sail when not latched.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

We stayed in 16702.  One of the worst rooms ever due to movable wall to the OS to the left.  It leaked noise like crazy even though neighbors were talking in normal levels.

But if you are sailing with family than maybe ok.  The room behind has more of a traditional door and never heard a peep of the family of three.

I've only read one or two reports over the years of people booking both and opening the wall.

There is a wrap around balcony but they put in a door divider as it turns the corner which even in Port is a safety hazard as it acts like a sail when not latched.

Thanks. This is really helpful, I hadn’t thought much about the balcony being forward.