Good but reasonable price beach for 4 hours, on our own getting of cruise.

Jgarriso

1 hour ago, Joeybun said:

We were there all day and it was not crowded, especially in the morning. Afternoon got busier, but nothing crazy. When we arrived most of the loungers were available and we walked around and chose ones down the beach to the right. There were four ships that I saw in port that day too.

85B2B164-71FE-47C2-A7A6-4F6BEA78A131.jpeg

that looks a lot more quiet and relaxing that the places we’ve gone to

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 7:31 PM, Joeybun said:

I recommend Playa Palancar. We were there off the ship last week. $25 taxi each way. $12 for two loungers with an umbrella if you choose or you can sit at the tables for free. There's a minimum food and beverage of $10 pp. We also chose to do 1 hour massages in their cabana that was only $70 and it was awesome! Highly recommend!

I keep seeing Playa Palancar pop up when I’m researching on the boards.  Any idea if they take reservations?  I would hate to show up and them not have space for our multigenerational (family) group.

39 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

I keep seeing Playa Palancar pop up when I’m researching on the boards.  Any idea if they take reservations?  I would hate to show up and them not have space for our multigenerational (family) group.

Not as far as I am aware. It is a large (wide) beach but on our last visit several years ago when we stoped for lunch there were only tables and chairs quite far back and it was busy. As stated above, there is a charge for loungers. We were only there for lunch but previously we have had a table much closer to the water.

There was a VIP location that took reservations  that set up a few years ago to the right -in competition not affiliated if I understood correctly. There weren’t many reviews. and some reports of overcharging but I am not seeing it listed when I did a casual  search recently so it may have closed down. You may find something if you search harder.

Edited by c-leg5

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 10:31 AM, Jgarriso said:

We are looking for a beautiful,   fun beach to visit when we get off the ship,  then come back for a few hours of shopping before leaving.      Not interested in all-inclusive unless its about the same price as just renting a chair and umbrella.  Mostly just want that clear azul beautiful water for a few hours.     SUggestions.  We used to go to Buccanos but with their new hours they aren't really an option  until afternoon.      DOn't want to pay Mr Sanchos 50$ for all inclusive but want a nice maintainded beach.

Thoughts?  (Thanks)

What did you end up doing?  I'm having a hard time finding something as there are going to be several ships in port, and we are a late arrival.  I don't want to pay $$$$ for just a few hours.  I am starting to consider hotel resorts, but Palencar looks beautiful...just don't see a pool.

• Like 1