Crib too cramped in a standard balcony room?

Ktjahjadi

This will be the first time my family will be cruising with the need for a crib. My wife and I are torn wether to spend the extra $800 for the junior suite or just stay with the standard balcony room that we normally get. 

Does anyone have any opinion or photographs with how cramped or not a crib will be in a standard balcony room?

We obviously would like to save money but at the same time don’t want to regret not spending the $800 if it means we wont be cramped and stressed out. 

FWIW, the ship is the Carnival Miracle and it’s a short cruise (4 days). There’s also going to be my 3 year old but he will be sharing the main bed with us, so there will be 4 total (including baby). 

Isn't there Premier Balconies on the Miracle?  A tad smaller that a JS but a few sq ft larger than a standard balcony.  Not sure the price difference. Even in a standard balcony you can shuffle the coffee table to in front of the TV and have the crib there.  I believe the couch/sofa can be a bed too if the toddler wants his own space.

Are you thinking of bringing one of those "pack & play" cribs?  I would think you could use one of those in a reg balcony room.  I have never done it, but I know people w/ scooters are able to manage the space.  Curious if Carnival would even offer any type of crib.

Carnival provides (sturdy) cribs.  Call and request one for your cabin.

We sailed Alaska this last summer in a balcony with our (just turned)2 y.o., and followed the advice of the below (linked)blog.

We brought along magnetic hooks, and a 10' x 7' fabric shower curtain/drape -- (Configured the same, but more opaque than the one shown in this picture).

1772523738_CarnivalCrib.thumb.jpg.cb5acfb98d1b064ee594fd332b1b197a.jpg

It worked out great for us.

http://www.teachermamma.com/the-blog/cruisin-tips

Edited by Skai
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Skai said:

Carnival provides (sturdy) cribs.  Call and request one for your cabin.

We sailed Alaska this last summer in a balcony with our (just turned)2 y.o., and followed the advice of the below (linked)blog.

We brought along magnetic hooks, and a 10' x 7' fabric shower curtain/drape -- (Configured the same, but more opaque than the one shown in this picture).

1772523738_CarnivalCrib.thumb.jpg.cb5acfb98d1b064ee594fd332b1b197a.jpg

It worked out great for us.

http://www.teachermamma.com/the-blog/cruisin-tips

We did the same thing when we cruised with our 1-year-old. We had a balcony so my husband and I hung out together out there while the little one was napping. Worked out perfectly. 

Try and get 4203, 4205, 5241, 5243, 6227, 6279, 7299, 7301, 8235, 8237 if you don't want to spring for an expensive suite but need more space. The ones on 4 will not have balconies though, the ones on 5 will have obstructed with lifeboats below the balcony and the rest are GTG. These give you the space without the huge price increases, especially on 4/5.  

• Thanks 1