Buckeye94 as LIVE as I can be: Infinity 2 Jan 2023 Patagonia and Argentina

Buckeye94

On 1/16/2023 at 8:46 PM, Buckeye94 said:

Our flight to Iguazu was from EZE.

Your review has been amazing, and I'm really looking forward to being on this same sailing in March! Hoping our shoulder season weather holds up as well as your's did. 

That said, I can't believe the flight to Iguazú Falls departed from EZE, when AEP is about five minutes down the street from the port. That would have been very frustrating to me at 6 in the morning. 

7 hours ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Your review has been amazing, and I'm really looking forward to being on this same sailing in March! Hoping our shoulder season weather holds up as well as your's did. 

That said, I can't believe the flight to Iguazú Falls departed from EZE, when AEP is about five minutes down the street from the port. That would have been very frustrating to me at 6 in the morning. 

The early flight worked well for us to have enough time for both the upper and lower circuits, and the longer ride gave us a nice nap time! 😀

It was a very long day. I think the overnight excursion split the circuits across days for a more relaxed pace, but $$$ and work! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Really enjoyed following along in you latest adventure.  

Your a natural at live posting and really enjoyed following along.

From you, that is high praise. Thank you! 

I'm glad I was able to give back to those who have helped me over the years and to pay it forward to other travelers.

Happy sailing, everyone! Until next time...

On 1/18/2023 at 9:29 AM, Buckeye94 said:

In Buenos Aires? We met at 5:45 and left around 6:30 or so? I think our first flight was 9:15ish. Sorry, it's a blur.

Someone else asked if they did walkoff/self-disembark. I'm not sure. There were lots of taxis waiting outside the port, and I recall seeing a few passengers gathered in another area on the ship (not part of our excursion), but I'm not sure if they were disembarking on their own or part of another excursion.

Thank you very much for this information.  It does give me hope we can get off in time for our tour.

1 hour ago, $hip to $hore said:

Thanks for taking us along and sharing some great details and photos about the ship and the itinerary. Just 51 sleeps and we will be on the Infinity. 

Cheers!

I'm only budgeting 50 sleeps... the red eye down to Santiago is going to be brutal. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 6:34 AM, AstoriaPreppy said:

Online, our sailing is only offering a ~$700 pp excursion to Magdalena island... and it looks like all of the other providers in the area aren't offered that day, or are already sold out.

To be honest, I'm somewhat surprised at the general lack of excursions offered for this sailing? Outside of Ushuaia and Montevideo, we've only got 6 or 7 excursion options in each port. We've booked stuff for every stop already, but I'm curious to know if more will be offered onboard. 

Hi! We (Karen & Paul) are on the same cruise and have booked a private tour to Peninsula Valdez. (I've read that penguins are around all year, just not in the numbers they are until March 31 - the day before). We have room for more - so far only 4 of us are going.

We go to Estancia San Lorenzo and Punta Norte, with national park entrance and a barbecue lunch included in the cost, which is $190 per person. You can find the information for this on Viator, although we did not book with them - look up "Cruise Shore Excursion Ea San Lorenzo Peninsula Valdes". We booked directly with Sentir Patagonia. If you're interested, let me know and I can arrange things with them to join us. They will send you a request for payment via PayPal.

You can contact me at pakatomp@hotmail.com. Either way, looking forward to this cruise!!

On 1/11/2023 at 9:01 AM, midscouple said:

We were so disappointed with the sommelier service on several days in Apex’s four MDRs on our September cruise to Israel. We don’t like to complain but it was ridiculous. Eventually, we were dealt with by the MDR’s manager and it was sorted to our satisfaction. 

Yes!  Agree.  We were in suites, so same for sommelier service in Luminae.  Ate in Blu,  same,  one night In MDR b/c hubby really preferred the menu one night.  Poor all around, but incredibly so in MDR.  e.g., I ordered the Pinot noir and I got a rose.  She ignored us after politely pointed out the difference btw rose and Pinot Noir,  The “sommelier” staffed the tub-oh-beers at the pool the next day.  Don’t blame her, poor training and/or just not enough staff.  But we haven’t cruised in 3 years and the number one difference we noticed was the difference in sommelier services and the available wines,