Looking for a wine tour from the port of Laspezia, Florence or Rome

NCteacherlovescruising

We're doing a 9 night Italian Rivera and France cruise from Barcelona to Rome.  We have an overnight in Florence.  We are big wine lovers and would love to visit a beautiful winery at some point.  It's a bucket list item for me.  We like big, bold reds, not fruit forward.  Any suggestions?

Here it is:

https://www.romeinlimo.com/florence/

Scroll down for ideas.

You will be driving through Tuscany, the land of the wonderful reds. There are many, many wineries making them. Ask for a quote including pick up in Florence, stop in Pisa, and ending at pier. They will pick the winery that best fits with the route.  Don't overthink it. They do these custom tours all the time and you will have a wonderful day.

Edited by marazul

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Talk to Rome in Limo. Had a great wine tour with them back before Covid. We were on a land tour staying in Florence.

I sent them an email, thanks!

1 hour ago, marazul said:

Here it is:

Scroll down for ideas.

You will be driving through Tuscany, the land of the wonderful reds. There are many, many wineries making them. Ask for a quote including pick up in Florence, stop in Pisa, and ending at pier. They will pick the winery that best fits with the route.  Don't overthink it. They do these custom tours all the time and you will have a wonderful day.

Thank you!

19 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Talk to Rome in Limo. Had a great wine tour with them back before Covid. We were on a land tour staying in Florence.

19 hours ago, marazul said:

Here it is:

Scroll down for ideas.

They got back to me and suggested their Pisa and Lucca tour, with a winery visit. I replied asking if I could visit a specific winery. It’s a bit of a splurge, unless someone from our roll call will join us, but that’s ok. I’ve always wanted to visit a winery in Italy and this tour looks perfect!  Thanks again!!  

6 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

They got back to me and suggested their Pisa and Lucca tour, with a winery visit. I replied asking if I could visit a specific winery. It’s a bit of a splurge, unless someone from our roll call will join us, but that’s ok. I’ve always wanted to visit a winery in Italy and this tour looks perfect!  Thanks again!!  

Great!  You will have a wonderful day.

You can always change it to drop off in Florence if you get someone to share the expenses.

Are you planning to take a ship's transfer to Florence for Day 2 if you return to the ship on Day 1?

Just curious. Which winery are you going to? Did you have that winery in mind or did you pick one out of a list they provided?

1 hour ago, marazul said:

Great!  You will have a wonderful day.

You can always change it to drop off in Florence if you get someone to share the expenses.

Are you planning to take a ship's transfer to Florence for Day 2 if you return to the ship on Day 1?

Just curious. Which winery are you going to? Did you have that winery in mind or did you pick one out of a list they provided?

We’re going to Fattoria al Dotto. I chose it myself based on Trip Advisor photos and reviews. I’m sure we will go to Florence day 2, haven’t decided how yet. I don’t think we’re going to stay in Florence. We will only be an hour from the port before we head back. We booked a suite on the cruise so it seems crazy not to take advantage of those suite amenities with us being that close to the ship. I’m super excited about this excursion!  Not super excited to go back to work tomorrow after more than 2 weeks off though. 🤪

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising
  • Like 1