$25 deposit and UP TO free airfare?

kctwinmommy

We're new to Viking, looking at a March/April 2024 Med cruise. Still undecided on the 10, 15, or 22 cruise, but it will be one with Greece included. I received the email today regarding the $25 deposit and it said UP TO Free airfare. I was just confused on what that means? Is it just discounted for some and free for others? And how do they determine it. Sorry if this seems like something I should know. LOL! I'm definitely excited to hopefully book our cruise this week though! Just need to decide which one. Thanks for any insight and advice.

Viking comparison.jpg

In the past, a similar promotion with $25 deposit was offered, but the payment in full date remained far in advance. I looked at a British Isles cruise with this offer, and unless I am reading this wrong, payment in full was by 2/28/23. Also airfare was not free but I was looking at a 2024 date. 

1 hour ago, kctwinmommy said:

We're new to Viking, looking at a March/April 2024 Med cruise. Still undecided on the 10, 15, or 22 cruise, but it will be one with Greece included. I received the email today regarding the $25 deposit and it said UP TO Free airfare. I was just confused on what that means? Is it just discounted for some and free for others? And how do they determine it. Sorry if this seems like something I should know. LOL! I'm definitely excited to hopefully book our cruise this week though! Just need to decide which one. Thanks for any insight and advice.

Viking comparison.jpg

One other thing to consider is the Mediterranean/Adriatic and Italy/Adriatic are combined cruises, meaning there will be different passengers booked on different legs. There will be a disembarking/embarking day in the middle of the cruise with limited, if any, excursions available on those days.

16 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

If you click on Terms and Conditions, it appears free airfare is only applicable to one cruise, Eastern Seaboard Explorer.

Thanks! I knew I was missing something in there. Still learning my way around their site.

1 hour ago, Vineyard View said:

In the past, a similar promotion with $25 deposit was offered, but the payment in full date remained far in advance. I looked at a British Isles cruise with this offer, and unless I am reading this wrong, payment in full was by 2/28/23. Also airfare was not free but I was looking at a 2024 date. 

Yeah, according to the post someone else had, the 2024 final payment would be due June 30, 2023. That would be OK, I'd rather have it paid off earlier than later.

1 hour ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

One other thing to consider is the Mediterranean/Adriatic and Italy/Adriatic are combined cruises, meaning there will be different passengers booked on different legs. There will be a disembarking/embarking day in the middle of the cruise with limited, if any, excursions available on those days.

Another possible situation to consider - if your cruise is the later segment, you may be locked out of many excursions, as the guests who cruise earlier get to make reservation first.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dreamercruise said:

Another possible situation to consider - if your cruise is the later segment, you may be locked out of many excursions, as the guests who cruise earlier get to make reservation first.

Yeah, we're really deciding between the 22 and 10 day ones, both leaving from Athens. So I think we'll be good there.

5 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

. I received the email today regarding the $25 deposit and it said UP TO Free airfa

Thank you for this!  We got no email, I just heard about it here.  And now we have booked a Mississippi River cruise for May, 2024, over our anniversary.  For $48.35 for two, using the 3.3% discount.  You can’t beat that!  And no final payment until Thanksgiving.  Yay!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Thank you for this!  We got no email, I just heard about it here.  And now we have booked a Mississippi River cruise for May, 2024, over our anniversary.  For $48.35 for two, using the 3.3% discount.  You can’t beat that!  And no final payment until Thanksgiving.  Yay!!

Nice! Glad it helped someone! And what's the 3.3% discount for?

53 minutes ago, kctwinmommy said:

Nice! Glad it helped someone! And what's the 3.3% discount for?

You get a 3.3% discount if you pay by bank draft rather than credit card.  Not much on a $50 down payment but quite a bit on a $20000 cruise!

1 hour ago, SantaFe1 said:

You get a 3.3% discount if you pay by bank draft rather than credit card.  Not much on a $50 down payment but quite a bit on a $20000 cruise!

Good to know! As I said, being new to Viking, and haven't even booked yet, we're still learning their ins & outs.

10 minutes ago, kctwinmommy said:

Good to know! As I said, being new to Viking, and haven't even booked yet, we're still learning their ins & outs.

You may find this thread of interest. While it's very long, and originated pre-Covid (so parts of it are out of date) you can use the CC search function to look for items of particular interest, or simply browse it quickly. I've linked it at the start of 2022, but you can move backward as you wish ... 🍺🥌

1 hour ago, CurlerRob said:

You may find this thread of interest. While it's very long, and originated pre-Covid (so parts of it are out of date) you can use the CC search function to look for items of particular interest, or simply browse it quickly. I've linked it at the start of 2022, but you can move backward as you wish ... 🍺🥌

Thanks! Someone already shared that on my initial gathering info post. 😃 Someone also shared a great review by someone who did a similar cruise as what we're looking at. She did great writing too, so it was really nice to read, entertaining and informative.

• Like 1