If you are turning platinum during a cruise, do you get to check in two days early for that cruise?

Eli_6

I would think yes, but my booking still has the regular check in date and not the earlier one. However, I still have one more cruise before that cruise so I suppose it might change after I take the cruise that increases my days.  Alternatively can you can still show up at the first boarding time if you are platinum even if you have a later boarding time? I know that is the case for suites, but wasn't sure about platinum.

Edited by Eli_6

52 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I would think yes, but my booking still has the regular check in date and not the earlier one. However, I still have one more cruise before that cruise so I suppose it might change after I take the cruise that increases my days.  Alternatively can you can still show up at the first boarding time if you are platinum even if you have a later boarding time? I know that is the case for suites, but wasn't sure about platinum.

Since the restart Platinum and Diamond can no longer check in any time they want--at least if the port agents are following the current rules.  Your "check-in priority" is now being able to select your check-in time two days early.  In practice however the check-in and boarding process, including whether the check-in times are even enforced and boarding order, seems to vary from port to port and even sailing to sailing. 

I don't think you'll show as Platinum on the cruise you turn Platinum until after your next cruise.  Carnival's systems are not likely sophisticated enough to take into account multiple future cruises and see that you'll move up a level on any cruise other than your next cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

To make sure I understand, you presently have two booked...A and B

You are looking to check for A, but since you'll turn Platinum on cruise B, and you'd like to know if you can have those benefits now?

If that's the question, no

4 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

You are looking to check for A, but since you'll turn Platinum on cruise B, and you'd like to know if you can have those benefits now?

I think OP is looking for Platinum check-in time for B, not to get Platinum benefits on A before making Platinum on B.

But Carnival's systems won't recognize OP will turn Platinum on B until the days from A post to their VIFP account.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Your status will change to Platinum a few days after the end of your next cruise (i.e. you'll be Platinum on the cruise which is going to put you over the 75 day threshold).  

And I don't believe you'll be allowed to enter the terminal any time you wish (you'll have to abide by whatever arrival time you chose during on-line check-in).  But since you'll have had the chance to do online check-in two days before Blue, Red, and Gold members you'll pretty much be assured an early check-in time if that's what you want.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

No. I want to know if I will be able to check in early for B.  I thought maybe it might show up AFTER I go on A.  

• Like 1

So A won't make you platinum, but B will. Maybe after you get back from A, refresh your planner after about a week or so and see if it changes. I turn Platinum on my next cruise, which isn't booked until next November. It shows I have the earlier checkin day. I'm wondering myself how they are going to continue handling these checkins now that FTTF is back into play.

• Like 1

I'm in the 'not sure' camp. What I am sure about is that you won't know for sure until your A cruise is actually completed at the very earliest.  There's no 'anticipated' VIFP days, only actual days.

33 minutes ago, sammee said:

I'm wondering myself how they are going to continue handling these checkins now that FTTF is back into play.

I think they'll sell even more FTTF than pre-COVID because the main limiting factors on the total number of people with FTTF (who either bought it or got it as a Diamond/Platinum benefit) no longer exist:

1. Pax with FTTF still have to follow their assigned check-in time, so Carnival no longer has to manage hundreds of people checking in before their assigned time. 

2. Even though stewards now have more rooms than ever (since service is just once a day now), FTTF rooms are no longer guaranteed to be ready by embarkation, so FTTF slots aren't limited by the number of cabins that can be ready early. 

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

No. I want to know if I will be able to check in early for B.  I thought maybe it might show up AFTER I go on A.  

Yes, absolutely.

Your status will change to Platinum on all of your documents several days after you finish cruise A.

• Like 1

My cruise A on the Vista will be followed by a side to side on the Breeze, I will turn Platinum during the Breeze cruise. I guess it’s a moot point because I booked a suite on the Breeze but I’m really looking forward to turning Platinum. It only took 32 years, started on our 15th anniversary, turning  Platinum on our 47th! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaRue1975 said:

My cruise A on the Vista will be followed by a side to side on the Breeze, I will turn Platinum during the Breeze cruise. I guess it’s a moot point because I booked a suite on the Breeze but I’m really looking forward to turning Platinum. It only took 32 years, started on our 15th anniversary, turning  Platinum on our 47th! 

Your VIFP points from the Vista cruise won't post in time for Carnival to reflect you turning Platinum on Breeze.  If you want a Platinum card and benefits, you'll need to bring documentation to Guest Services on Breeze showing the Vista cruise you just took and see if they can override your status to Platinum for the Breeze cruise.

6 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I think they'll sell even more FTTF than pre-COVID because the main limiting factors on the total number of people with FTTF (who either bought it or got it as a Diamond/Platinum benefit) no longer exist:

1. Pax with FTTF still have to follow their assigned check-in time, so Carnival no longer has to manage hundreds of people checking in before their assigned time. 

Reports from people who have recently boarded with FTTF have said that they were able to enter the terminal early and were directed to a special FTTF seating area, similar to pre-COVID procedures.  

6 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

2. Even though stewards now have more rooms than ever (since service is just once a day now), FTTF rooms are no longer guaranteed to be ready by embarkation, so FTTF slots aren't limited by the number of cabins that can be ready early. 

I don't think ANY rooms are guaranteed to be ready for occupation at embark now except suites, but FTTF, Ds and Ps can visit to drop off their luggage.  

Stewards now have MANY more rooms to clean than before the pandemic.  😞  

Regarding FTTF and capacity controls, remember also that Carnival has taken the length of the Priority line at Guest Services into account when assigning the number of FTTF slots on cruises.  

If one person (me!) is turning Platinum on their next cruise, with two roommates, I think we can all board together and also get, say, priority tendering.  However, my two roommates would not have access to the Priority line at Guest Services.....is that correct?  

Regarding 

Edited by Pellaz
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pellaz said:

If one person (me!) is turning Platinum on their next cruise, with two roommates, I think we can all board together and also get, say, priority tendering.  However, my two roommates would not have access to the Priority line at Guest Services.....is that correct?  

They shouldn't have access to the Priority line because they won't have Platinum S&S cards. 

• Like 1

Here is what i noticed with my upcoming cruise in about 10 days on the Sunshine

I am Gold with 2 points away from being Platinum

my email confirmation shows Gold

When online check became available i was able to do it 16 days prior to sail date just like what the platinum benefit says

luggage tag, boarding pass and the general info edocs all show Platinum on it

it seems like i am unofficial platinum on that cruise and should get the platinum cards and benefits on that cruise. after the cruise i will be a official platinum

3 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Reports from people who have recently boarded with FTTF have said that they were able to enter the terminal early and were directed to a special FTTF seating area, similar to pre-COVID procedures.  

I don't think ANY rooms are guaranteed to be ready for occupation at embark now except suites, but FTTF, Ds and Ps can visit to drop off their luggage.  

Stewards now have MANY more rooms to clean than before the pandemic.  😞  

Regarding FTTF and capacity controls, remember also that Carnival has taken the length of the Priority line at Guest Services into account when assigning the number of FTTF slots on cruises.  

Regarding 

That's what I'm seeing in posts all over, they can ignore their checkin time for FTTF while D&P's have to abide by that time. My first cruise as Platinum coming up, lol. All I care about as far as cabins, is dropping off our carryon and cpaps. 

2 hours ago, sammee said:

..... All I care about as far as cabins, is dropping off our carryon and cpaps. 

What opened my wife's eyes was on the first day when there was a problem with logging in to her WiFi.  We went to guest services and there were over 30 people waiting in the 'regular' line whereas we were able to walk right up to the Platinum/Diamond desk and get her issue resolved in under two minutes. 

SWEET!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, groundloop said:

What opened my wife's eyes was on the first day when there was a problem with logging in to her WiFi.  We went to guest services and there were over 30 people waiting in the 'regular' line whereas we were able to walk right up to the Platinum/Diamond desk and get her issue resolved in under two minutes. 

SWEET!!!!!!!

That's true. I do appreciate having that for FTTF, had to use it a few years ago, when locked out of my cabin because they put my money on somebody elses account and they wanted my attention. I was so PO'd. But it was a short line, lol.

8 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Your VIFP points from the Vista cruise won't post in time for Carnival to reflect you turning Platinum on Breeze.  If you want a Platinum card and benefits, you'll need to bring documentation to Guest Services on Breeze showing the Vista cruise you just took and see if they can override your status to Platinum for the Breeze cruise.

Thank you, makes me even happier I booked the suite for the % cruise, going to guest services won’t be a problem. I did buy FTTF for the last time for our Vista cruise so all bases are covered, really looking forward to this trip! 

16 hours ago, SERK said:

You will show platinum and get to check in early on the cruise you are gonna go over the 75 day mark.  I know I did.

Same for us, we will turn Platinum on our Cruise in 2 weeks and our Luggage Tags say Platinum.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

They shouldn't have access to the Priority line because they won't have Platinum S&S cards. 

Yep, that's what I thought.  They purchased FTTF for our sailing so they CAN access it.  

17 hours ago, shof515 said:

Here is what i noticed with my upcoming cruise in about 10 days on the Sunshine

I am Gold with 2 points away from being Platinum

my email confirmation shows Gold

When online check became available i was able to do it 16 days prior to sail date just like what the platinum benefit says

luggage tag, boarding pass and the general info edocs all show Platinum on it

it seems like i am unofficial platinum on that cruise and should get the platinum cards and benefits on that cruise. after the cruise i will be a official platinum

Yep, enjoy!   This is a perk that Carnival offers to pax who will qualify for Platinum on their next sailing.  I'll be there m'self next October, if not earlier.  🙂  

Interestingly, Royal does NOT offer this benefit.