Carnival Half Moon Cay Cabanas

cooncat_mom

DD (my cruising buddy) and I will be doing our first Carnival cruise since 2014 in October.  We’ll be doing the Bahamas with a stop at Half Moon Cay and I was wondering how early they put the Cabanas up for rent.  Since the sun fries me pretty quickly a cabana makes a beach stop much more pleasant! Thanks!

Thank you….Weird - we’re doing an Oct. 14 sailing on the Venezia and the shore excursions for Nassau and Freeport are up, but nothing for Half Moon Cay or Miami.  I’ve tried checking the Half Moon Cay cabanas as a favorite on my cruise planner, but it just keeps saying not available on this sailing.  Maybe we’re just too late!

Edited by cooncat_mom

I noticed the same thing for the November sailing Thanksgiving. I'm still up in there whether we are getting a cabana since we'll be there on Thanksgiving, but would still like to see our choices for that day.

FYI, you buy the HMC cabana through your cruise manager then once you embark, go to the Adventure desk (across from Guest Services) and pick out your cabana.  My favorite is #9, close to restroom and not too close to the Pirate bar so the music isn't too loud.  Have a great cruise!!

• Like 1

Since your cruise is on the Venezia, which are relatively newly scheduled, none of the Half Moon Cay excursions may have posted yet. Not all the excursions are available yet for my Magic sailing out of  Norfolk which was added to the schedule when the Venezia replaced the Magic in New York. 

4 hours ago, Sea Raven said:

Since your cruise is on the Venezia, which are relatively newly scheduled, none of the Half Moon Cay excursions may have posted yet. Not all the excursions are available yet for my Magic sailing out of  Norfolk which was added to the schedule when the Venezia replaced the Magic in New York. 

That’s what I was thinking too since Miami excursions aren’t available yet either.  We are still pretty far out so it wouldn’t surprise me if they just haven’t gotten everything up yet. 

7 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

FYI, you buy the HMC cabana through your cruise manager then once you embark, go to the Adventure desk (across from Guest Services) and pick out your cabana.  My favorite is #9, close to restroom and not too close to the Pirate bar so the music isn't too loud.  Have a great cruise!!

Good to know! Thank you!

I just got off the Spirit last week, and the HMC cabanas were not listed until the week before the cruise.  

I booked the cruise in July and checked the excursions page at least twice a month up until November when I started checking every day.  Finally, 1 week before the cruise they showed up.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 7:53 PM, cooncat_mom said:

Thank you….Weird - we’re doing an Oct. 14 sailing on the Venezia and the shore excursions for Nassau and Freeport are up, but nothing for Half Moon Cay or Miami.  I’ve tried checking the Half Moon Cay cabanas as a favorite on my cruise planner, but it just keeps saying not available on this sailing.  Maybe we’re just too late!

Could be doing work on them or in the area.

Just keep in mind these cabanas aren't luxury cabanas like at other places where they come stocked with beverages, fruit, TV's and more.

16 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Just keep in mind these cabanas aren't luxury cabanas like at other places where they come stocked with beverages, fruit, TV's and more.

The TV no, but they give you waters, soft drinks of your choice, a fruit tray, tortilla chips with salsa,, sour cream, and quacamole, and a cheese plate. 

Edited by Sea Raven
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Could be doing work on them or in the area.

HMC cabanas come with your choice of canned sodas, a selection of sliced fruit, a selection of chopped veggies, ranch dressing, guacamole and chips, small refrigerator, fans, A/C (A/C isn't super effective like the Princess Cay cabanas) snorkel equipment, float mats and towels.  You're correct, there is no TV.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 1:44 PM, LuvCruiSun said:

Absolutely love having a cabana at HMC! The last time we were there I think it was somewhere around $300. Now it’s $450 for our cruise In April so we’re going to skip it since it’s just the 2 of us. 

If you are on cruise critic roll call for your cruise,see if anyone would be interested in splitting the cost of a cabana. We did it for a villa on our cruise and it worked out really well.

Laura

• Thanks 1

For $200 more you can upgrade to the 2 story Villa with private bathroom/shower and jacuzzi hot tub.  We rented one with another group of 3 initially but they backed out of cruise a few months later and we decided to just keep it instead of downgrading.  I don't regret the extra money spent.  Had a very good and relaxing day.

• Like 2

I’ve been in Royal’s cabanas (ceiling fan, waters, loungers, snorkel gear, and they bring you lunch) and NCL’s which have a/c, TV, full bathroom, living room, water, snacks, bar servers, loungers on a covered porch….very nice! At my age the a/c and private bathroom make them top of the line! 😆😆😆 The thing with the cabanas for us is that I won’t get fried because I have shade (and I do burn very easily) and we have a place to relax in. We’ll do a clamshell, but would rather spread out a little more and have a cabana. We’re not ritzy though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

If you are on cruise critic roll call for your cruise,see if anyone would be interested in splitting the cost of a cabana. We did it for a villa on our cruise and it worked out really well.

Laura

I think we're just going to rough it this time 😄. We plan on going all the way to the end away from the crowds. We will definitely consider sharing next time though.

14 hours ago, SERK said:

For $200 more you can upgrade to the 2 story Villa with private bathroom/shower and jacuzzi hot tub.  We rented one with another group of 3 initially but they backed out of cruise a few months later and we decided to just keep it instead of downgrading.  I don't regret the extra money spent.  Had a very good and relaxing day.

Oh wow! I didn't realize the villa was only $200 more. The amenities are significantly greater! 

On 1/4/2023 at 12:47 PM, EngIceDave said:

Who needs a TV when you're on one of the best beaches ever?!

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 1:14 PM, ninjacat123 said:

HMC cabanas come with your choice of canned sodas, a selection of sliced fruit, a selection of chopped veggies, ranch dressing, guacamole and chips, small refrigerator, fans, A/C (A/C isn't super effective like the Princess Cay cabanas) snorkel equipment, float mats and towels.  You're correct, there is no TV.

Watching a TV on one of the nicest white-sand beaches in the Caribbean strikes me as a weird way to spend your day.  😄  

On 1/4/2023 at 10:22 PM, Laurab23 said:

Great idea!  I did this on our last cruise to HMC and it worked well.  Made some cruise-friends onboard, too.  

Years ago I solicited interest -- and payments! -- from our roll call to book the Private Oasis at HMC.   We had about 18 signed up....and then the port-stop was cancelled.  😮   (I got a refund, and I got it in cash.)   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1