How much is the taxi from Crown cruise port to Sapphire Beach?

speake

I was wondering how much the taxi is from Crown cruise port to Sapphire Beach? I saw some place on this thread that it is $17 a person and then others say it is $10 a person.  Maybe it depends on how many are going? Is it negotiable?  

I also read that they were not renting to cruise passengers that are not part of excursion through the ship? How anyone been there recently that can give me accurate information.  My husband and I are looking forward to going to this beach in about a week!  We have been to Meghan's Beach so we want to go somewhere different.

Thanks so much!

Sabrina

We were there in Sept and were able to rent chairs.   We had to wait around until someone showed up though.   I know a lot of people like it here but we’ve been twice and will not go back.  Was not as well kept up and beach was rocky.  

11 hours ago, negn said:

We were there in Sept and were able to rent chairs.   We had to wait around until someone showed up though.   I know a lot of people like it here but we’ve been twice and will not go back.  Was not as well kept up and beach was rocky.  

How much was the taxi? What other beaches have you been to that you like better?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2023 at 3:58 PM, ISLABONITA said:

Any updates to this beach question regarding taxis and facilities?

A few years back I went to Sapphire beach.

I wrote a review about it (not a good one) and I almost feared for my life 😅 Wow people are so passionate about it, but it was ordinary ( chairs, how crowded it was, service, facilities, etc... )

I will be back in a few months and I won't be visiting this beach.

Magens bay beach is my goto beach now.

• Like 1

Gorgeous beach, so much nicer than Magens IMHO. Also much more there today (restaurant, pizza place, car rental delivery). And anyone could rent lounges and use the facilities. Not sure why Sebas was putting Sapphire down, I’m wondering if he/she was confusing Sapphire with Coki?🤷🏼

We’ve not stayed there in a few years so cannot give you current feedback on how crowded it is today. Taxi fare from Havensight is now $15/pp. But if no new replies here pose your question on CC’s sister site TripAdvisor -
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g147404-i172-St_Thomas_U_S_Virgin_Islands.html

Edited by blue_water
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2023 at 8:39 AM, blue_water said:

Gorgeous beach, so much nicer than Magens IMHO. Also much more there today (restaurant, pizza place, car rental delivery). And anyone could rent lounges and use the facilities. Not sure why Sebas was putting Sapphire down, I’m wondering if he/she was confusing Sapphire with Coki?🤷🏼

We’ve not stayed there in a few years so cannot give you current feedback on how crowded it is today. Taxi fare from Havensight is now $15/pp. But if no new replies here pose your question on CC’s sister site TripAdvisor -
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g147404-i172-St_Thomas_U_S_Virgin_Islands.html

Not confusing the beaches at all.

IMHO Magens is way better ( or was back in the day ) ....

1 hour ago, sebas030 said:

Not confusing the beaches at all.

IMHO Magens is way better ( or was back in the day ) ....

Ok…Your description of Sapphire was very confusing to me as it sounded more like Coki -
“feared for my life ( chairs, how crowded it was, service, facilities, etc... )“. That is a common description of Coki from many first-timers who did little research before going there…

Sapphire, on the other hand, is home to 3 condo properties with security, space to find a spot, and quite the opposite of “ordinary”. Magens is also beautiful, but just lacks the character, water colors and island views (and the snorkeling opportunity) that Sapphire offers. Magens and Sapphire can be crowded, but Magens gets the biggest crowds, and the food leaves a lot to be desired…

Just our opinion of course…So you were there a few years ago, pre-pandemic I guess? Perhaps with the new restaurant, pizza place (and the beach bar with music if that was not there for your last visit) you will enjoy it more. But STT does offer different beach experiences, which is great!

1 minute ago, blue_water said:

Ok…Your description of Sapphire was very confusing to me as it sounded more like Coki -
“feared for my life ( chairs, how crowded it was, service, facilities, etc... )“. That is a common description of Coki from many first-timers who did little research before going there…

Sapphire, on the other hand, is home to 3 condo properties with security, space to find a spot, and quite the opposite of “ordinary”. Magens is also beautiful, but just lacks the character, water colors and island views (and the snorkeling opportunity) that Sapphire offers. Magens and Sapphire can be crowded, but Magens gets the biggest crowds, and the food leaves a lot to be desired…

Just our opinion of course…So you were there a few years ago, pre-pandemic I guess? Perhaps with the new restaurant, pizza place (and the beach bar with music if that was not there for your last visit) you will enjoy it more. But STT does offer different beach experiences, which is great!

I am sorry, english is not my first language. I said I "feared for my life" because of all the hate I got on this board when I posted my review and said I was dissapointed by the beach ( at that time, it might have changed in the past 8 years ).

The amout of insults I got over this... unbelievable. It was the reason I left this board for many many months.

In order to not live that again, I will not post anymore in this thread. I gave my honest opinion about it. Some love, some hate, but we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Thank you,

It's unfortunate that your opinion wasn't respected. Every beach is different and people have different tastes regarding beaches.

Also, things change due to nature and man. Sapphire is getting more crowded for a number of reasons, so people should look for recent reviews and pictures to gauge current conditions. 

On 5/10/2023 at 9:48 AM, sebas030 said:

I am sorry, english is not my first language. I said I "feared for my life" because of all the hate I got on this board when I posted my review and said I was dissapointed by the beach ( at that time, it might have changed in the past 8 years ).

The amout of insults I got over this... unbelievable. It was the reason I left this board for many many months.

In order to not live that again, I will not post anymore in this thread. I gave my honest opinion about it. Some love, some hate, but we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Thank you,

No need to apologize, your opinion is just as valid as any other! I understand now what you meant by “feared for my life”. It’s funny that I associated that with some reports on Coki beach! But it makes more sense knowing you were not speaking about fearing for your life at Sapphire, thank you for clarifying 🙏

We are biased toward Sapphire, as we stay there when we are vacationing on STT and consider it one of the nicest beaches we’ve enjoyed throughout the Carib. But more facilities have been added since your last visit, and that means more day visitors…

Thanks again for clarifying!

• 1 month later...