Discovery Beach Bar

speake

I was wondering if there were umbrellas to rent there as well? I have heard mixed reviews on this so I was wondering if anyone has been there recently? It looks like a nice place for my husband and I to hang out. This is one of our cruise ship scheduled stops in about a week.

Thanks you for the information!

Sabrina

On 1/2/2023 at 2:27 AM, speake said:

I was wondering if there were umbrellas to rent there as well? I have heard mixed reviews on this so I was wondering if anyone has been there recently? It looks like a nice place for my husband and I to hang out. This is one of our cruise ship scheduled stops in about a week.

Sabrina

The photographs from https://www.facebook.com/discoverybeachbarskb/ 

show a yes.  But any additional questions can be asked by messenger.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 9:27 PM, speake said:

Sabrina

Will you report back if you end up there? We’re trying to decide between that and the Marriott for our April trip. Pretty radically different experiences I know. In some ways, Discovery is more appealing. But at the same time, the thought of porta potties…. Mmmm. Not so sure. 

thanks. Ann

14 hours ago, charleysmom said:

Will you report back if you end up there? We’re trying to decide between that and the Marriott for our April trip. Pretty radically different experiences I know. In some ways, Discovery is more appealing. But at the same time, the thought of porta potties…. Mmmm. Not so sure. 

thanks. Ann

Hello there Ann!

We had planned on going to Discovery Beach Bar. The taxi driver dropped us off at Carmbola and we started walking on the beach towards Discovery. We turned around and walked back to Carmbola and really enjoyed our stay.  We sat in beach chairs with an umbrella in the front row and at the end of their resort.  The view was amazing and turned out to be a beautiful beach day for us.  We did get there about 9:00 am. The bathrooms, and service were great. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 9:23 AM, speake said:

Hello there Ann!

We had planned on going to Discovery Beach Bar. The taxi driver dropped us off at Carmbola and we started walking on the beach towards Discovery. We turned around and walked back to Carmbola and really enjoyed our stay.  We sat in beach chairs with an umbrella in the front row and at the end of their resort.  The view was amazing and turned out to be a beautiful beach day for us.  We did get there about 9:00 am. The bathrooms, and service were great. 

What were the prices to use the chairs/umbrellas.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had messaged them thru FB a few weeks ago and never heard back.  We were at Carambola last week and it was marvelous.  I didn't see any umbrellas setup down at Discovery that day, but that doesn't mean they don't have them.  I wish they would have replied and I could have given them a try.