Getting between terminals in Port of Miami

Old Fart Cruisers

We will be doing a B2B on Carnival Celebration from Miami, January 15 – January 29, then right to a side by side on Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas. It looks like that would be going from terminal D or E for Carnival to terminal A for Royal Caribbean.  We are a party of four, with one person needing a wheelchair, so walking between terminal buildings be challenging.  I had planned on using Uber or Lyft to get between the two terminals.  Now we are having friends tell us that we’ll never get a rideshare to accept such a short trip when they have so many options to pick up trips going to the airport for a much better fare.  I realize a driver taking such a short trip would have to get back into the queue to pick up another fare.  Of course, I would include a tip that should make it worth their while, but the drivers wouldn’t see that before accepting a trip.

Any suggestions on getting between terminal buildings would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

We are sailing on Oasis of the Seas, from Feb 5-12, and then on Carnival Celebration from Feb 12-19. We will need to get from Terminal A to Terminal F (this is where the Celebration Docks). I assume that we will be able to just jump in a cab to take us to Terminal F. 

recently some one  mentioned that a taxi handling a terminal to terminal fare was allowed to rejoin the queue at the front versus the back ...... which might explain why I've never seen anyone complaining about a taxi refusing a terminal to terminal fare (short ride) despite the question coming up regularly.

truth? dunno ... but like I said no one has come back after asking the question and related a horror story . . .

10 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Taxi van with a big tip should work.

28 minutes ago, Capt_BJ said:

recently some one  mentioned that a taxi handling a terminal to terminal fare was allowed to rejoin the queue at the front versus the back ...... which might explain why I've never seen anyone complaining about a taxi refusing a terminal to terminal fare (short ride) despite the question coming up regularly.

truth? dunno ... but like I said no one has come back after asking the question and related a horror story . . .

Thanks, it looks like a taxi will be my best option there.  Is there a queue for taxis there, where you are just assigned the next available taxi, or will I have to go online to order a pickup at the port?