New to Holland America Cruise line

2flacruisers

On 1/2/2023 at 11:32 AM, 0106 said:

Don't delay applying for the military appreciation offer.  I recall reading on here recently that HAL quietly changed the offer's rules to having to apply within, if I recall correctly, 24 hours of booking your cruise.  We had a call from a PCC a couple weeks ago and I asked her about that change, she confirmed the new shorted application timeline is correct.

If you booked your cruise and didn't apply for this promotion soon enough, you could always cancel and rebook, assuming you have a fully refundable deposit.  Then apply for the military offer right after the rebooking.

• Like 1

Go to the HAL website and register BEFORE you book..  After you have registered on the HAL site and have a Mariner number, go to the military appreciation link.  Enter the information and after verification, the valid military discount will permanently attach to your profile.

20 hours ago, NWA395 said:

Go to the HAL website and register BEFORE you book..  After you have registered on the HAL site and have a Mariner number, go to the military appreciation link.  Enter the information and after verification, the valid military discount will permanently attach to your profile.

Another question: instead of cayying on regular wine, can you take non-alcoholic wine?

@2flacruisers You ask about bringing non alcoholic wine onboard.

20 hours ago, crystalspin said:

believe you could, in 750ml bottles and paying $2/bottle

I’m not sure if this is correct.  Bringing on wine is $20 a bottle.  Non-alcoholic beverages(except water) are prohibited.

From the HAL FAQ (which can be found here) https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/faq.shipboard-life.can-i-bring-alcoholic-beverages-onboard.html

Guests 21 years and older may bring Wine and Champagne onboard, however a corkage fee of USD $20.00 (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to each bottle (max 750 ml in volume or less). 

Items such as sodas, energy drinks or other non-alcoholic items are not allowed on board in any form.