Pier Schedule for Port Everglades?

AryMay

This will be a first for us...sailing on Zaandam from San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale (Jan. 21 to Feb. 4) and then switching to Nieuw Statendam on the 4th.

Is there a source where you can find which piers the two ships will be docked at on February 4th? We have done B2B's, but have never switched from one ship to another before. I have no idea how close the two will be docked.

Are HAL ships usually docked close enough to walk from one to another with our luggage?

45 minutes ago, AryMay said:

This will be a first for us...sailing on Zaandam from San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale (Jan. 21 to Feb. 4) and then switching to Nieuw Statendam on the 4th.

Is there a source where you can find which piers the two ships will be docked at on February 4th? We have done B2B's, but have never switched from one ship to another before. I have no idea how close the two will be docked.

Are HAL ships usually docked close enough to walk from one to another with our luggage?

If not in walking distance there is a regular shuttle, they even help you with the luggage.

Most of the HAL ships are close to each other. If for some reason there is a distance involved, Broward County sets the cab fare for Intraport transfers at $8.  I believe there is a sign at the cab stand and most cabs have the rates posted inside the cab.

6 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/#

You'll need to wait a few weeks and check again, it only shows a week out. 

On a side note, the Rotterdam is also sailing from PE on Feb 4, so 3 HAL ships in port on the same day.

The sail away cam watchers will be besides themselves with excitement! 

Thanks for the link. 

We won’t have Wi-Fi on the 1st cruise but hopefully I can check the schedule when I have service in one of the ports. With 3 HAL ships things could get interesting. 

I have a Port Everglades app on my phone, and just checked Feb 4. It shows assignments a month out. 

It shows Zandaam @ T 29, New Statendaam @ T 26, and Rotterdam @ 19.

T 29 is quite a distance from the others, so walking would not be an option. 

I have never found an error in that app, and it does make sense, as the Z is the smallest of the 3, and could make it up to and navigate around the far pier best. 

1 hour ago, EatonDoolittle said:

I have a Port Everglades app on my phone, and just checked Feb 4. It shows assignments a month out. 

I have never found an error in that app, and it does make sense, as the Z is the smallest of the 3, and could make it up to and navigate around the far pier best. 

They frequently have a shuttle from the parking garage to 29.

9 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Thanks for the info on the PE app. I have it downloaded on my phone and will double check the ships’ locations when we arrive on the 4th. 

I think the best option will be to take the shuttle to the parking garage located near Terminal 26. I checked the PE website and it mentioned that the shuttle is available from Terminal 29. 

• Like 1