Acadia dining

snaefell

We are booked on Arcadia in May & am looking for some advice from those who have been on board recently,I read somewhere recently that The Glass House was to make an appearance on Arcadia,just curious as to what evidence there is of that if any.

Also is there outdoor seating available at the Belvedere Buffet.

Thanks in advance to any helpful posters.

2 minutes ago, snaefell said:

We are booked on Arcadia in May & am looking for some advice from those who have been on board recently,I read somewhere recently that The Glass House was to make an appearance on Arcadia,just curious as to what evidence there is of that if any.

Also is there outdoor seating available at the Belvedere Buffet.

Thanks in advance to any helpful posters.

Not heard anything about a glass house, we were on Dec. There is seating and tables outside the Belvedere, port side is smoking.

There were definite plans for a glass house on Arcadia pre pandemic but it went by the board. Loads of outside room by the buffet area.

Whatever you do don’t go freedom dining. The queues are horrendous

on Arcadia.  Club dining is much better organised and you meet lovely

people.

• Like 1

Interesting,I don't know how old the article I read was,it may have been before the pandemic so that would make sense,I think it said that the Glass House would be in the East Bar.

We have had some bad MDR experiences in the past which has meant having most meals in the buffets,we really enjoy buffets anyway & dining outside became our norm on our last cruise & we really got to like it!

Thanks for the replies guys,much appreciated,happy travelling!😎

31 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Whatever you do don’t go freedom dining. The queues are horrendous

on Arcadia.  Club dining is much better organised and you meet lovely

people.

We had almost 6 weeks of freedom dining in Nov/Dec and never queued, we always shared and we also met some lovely people. 

51 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No queues at all on Arcadia in April 22.

Maybe we've all been spoilt since the restart.  Could it be that now the ship's are sailing full or very near to it the queues and waiting are building as a result?  Certainly since November time comments and reviews have been showing people are experiencing them on quite a few ships at least in the peak hours. 

9 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Maybe we've all been spoilt since the restart.  Could it be that now the ship's are sailing full or very near to it the queues and waiting are building as a result?  Certainly since November time comments and reviews have been showing people are experiencing them on quite a few ships at least in the peak hours. 

I think that is a large part of it, we have cruised 4 times this year and the capacity was never more than 70%. However in some cases the staff ratio was likely the same as a full ship, maybe they should not be filling ships unless they have enough staff. I know they need the money but are not helping themselves by alienating their regular customers and driving them to other lines.

I can only tell you how it was on Greek Isles cruise in Oct 22.

Club  dining had been moved to top deck of restaurant (it used to be

lower deck).  We had booked club dining after several previous

cruises on Arcadia had anytime dining queues.  It was amazing how many freedom dining guests were re allocated to club dining because of the length of wait for freedom.

Terri

20 minutes ago, silkworms said:

It was amazing how many freedom dining guests were re allocated to club dining because of the length of wait for freedom.

Which means that far more people wanted freedom dining than club, so it was necessary to use the under utilised club section.

Not so much a staff issue in itself ( although that would be a contributing  factor) more the split between fixed and anytime dining.

We are on Arcadia next Christmas/New Year. We normally eat as soon as the Freedom Dining opens,  so at 6 o’clock.  
So my question is for all you who have sailed on Arcadia recently. Is Freedom Dining normally busy that early? If it is would we just be better booking First Sitting, we usually get a table for 2 now as my Husband is nearly deaf now so can’t hear the conversations etc. I realise if we ask for first sitting we probably won’t get a table for 2 but hopefully won’t get an 8 or a 10. 

Of course all of this might be immaterial if all these rumours about Arcadia being the next ship to go are true. 

We were on Arcadia in October ( Northern lights cruise) we had booked Club dinning 2nd sitting & had no problems what so ever. But probably because of the "demographic" of Arcadia guests being older, they do like to eat early, there were always queues. However it was noticeable when we sat down at 8.30pm there was many tables empty down in Freedom D. I would recommend booking fixed at your likely time.