P&O not publishing port arrival and departure times?

Sheltonbaytree

Cunard don't give them either but if you go to Cunard Spanish web site notional  arrival and departure times are given. As an aside on Ventura at Gibraltar with a 1400 departure we were 30 min late leaving due to refuelling. Man next to me top deck said he going to complain to  purser  ref late departure.

3 hours ago, sogne said:

Cunard don't give them either but if you go to Cunard Spanish web site notional  arrival and departure times are given. As an aside on Ventura at Gibraltar with a 1400 departure we were 30 min late leaving due to refuelling. Man next to me top deck said he going to complain to  purser  ref late departure.

Because this happens.

The times agreed and published in certain places, and given out by the contact centre are provisional and not agreed until pilot arrangements are confirmed about two weeks out.

2 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Because this happens.

The times agreed and published in certain places, and given out by the contact centre are provisional and not agreed until pilot arrangements are confirmed about two weeks out.

But, again, that applies to all cruise lines. Why are P&O being contrarian ?

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, sogne said:

...Man next to me top deck said he going to complain to  purser  ref late departure.

What on earth is wrong with some people. Have they so little going on in their lives that complaining needlessly becomes attractive...🤔

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Just got the port times for Arvia cruise in June, this is the easiest way I have found to get them, reply came in less than 2 weeks. I doubt we will be going to Palma though.

Please see below the approx arrival and departure times for your upcoming cruise, however, please be advised that these times are approximate and are subject to change. 

Itinerary                 Date   Day Arrive   Sail   
SOUTHAMPTON            11JUN23 SUN          6:00pm 
AT SEA                 12JUN23 MON                       
LA CORUNA              13JUN23 TUE 9:00am   5:00pm 
AT SEA                 14JUN23 WED                       
AT SEA                 15JUN23 THU                       
PALMA                  16JUN23 FRI 8:00am   6:00pm 
AT SEA                 17JUN23 SAT                       
LA SPEZIA              18JUN23 SUN 6:00am   6:00pm 
MARSEILLE              19JUN23 MON 9:00am   7:00pm 
BARCELONA              20JUN23 TUE 8:00am   6:00pm 
AT SEA                 21JUN23 WED                       
SEVILLE (FROM Cadiz)   22JUN23 THU 6:00am   6:00pm 
AT SEA                 23JUN23 FRI                       
AT SEA                 24JUN23 SAT                       
SOUTHAMPTON            25JUN23 SUN 6:30am                 

I hope this information has helped to answer your enquiry and we look forward to seeing you onboard Arvia.

We 

58 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Just got the port times for Arvia cruise in June, this is the easiest way I have found to get them, reply came in less than 2 weeks. I doubt we will be going to Palma though.

Please see below the approx arrival and departure times for your upcoming cruise, however, please be advised that these times are approximate and are subject to change. 

Itinerary                 Date   Day Arrive   Sail   
SOUTHAMPTON            11JUN23 SUN          6:00pm 
AT SEA                 12JUN23 MON                       
LA CORUNA              13JUN23 TUE 9:00am   5:00pm 
AT SEA                 14JUN23 WED                       
AT SEA                 15JUN23 THU                       
PALMA                  16JUN23 FRI 8:00am   6:00pm 
AT SEA                 17JUN23 SAT                       
LA SPEZIA              18JUN23 SUN 6:00am   6:00pm 
MARSEILLE              19JUN23 MON 9:00am   7:00pm 
BARCELONA              20JUN23 TUE 8:00am   6:00pm 
AT SEA                 21JUN23 WED                       
SEVILLE (FROM Cadiz)   22JUN23 THU 6:00am   6:00pm 
AT SEA                 23JUN23 FRI                       
AT SEA                 24JUN23 SAT                       
SOUTHAMPTON            25JUN23 SUN 6:30am                 

I hope this information has helped to answer your enquiry and we look forward to seeing you onboard Arvia.

We have the same itinerary in the middle of May and haven't had any information from them about Palma.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 3:27 PM, molecrochip said:

A number of reasons why they are not published so widely anymore...

a) the actual arrival and departure times are usually only confirmed a couple of weeks in advance once the port knows exactly what ships (cruise or otherwise) are in, what order the ships come in and pilot times etc.

b) actual arrival/departure times do change depending upon weather.

c) The departure times provided by the call center/emails are usually 1 hour later than the on-board time. Thats 30 minutes between on-board time and departure, and 30 mins spare for any delay. Ports are increasing financially penalising cruise lines who leave late as it can have a knock on effect.

It still does not answer the question . If you are correct why do virtually every other cruise line publish the times and why do the ports publish the times for them all except P&O? I believe you stated at some point in the past that itineries are often booked a couple of years (at least) in advance. Ports know which ships are due in and at what times. From post no.31 it would appear that P&O DO know the times but just do not publish them.

Edited by Yorkypete

8 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

It still does not answer the question . If you are correct why do virtually every other cruise line publish the times and why do the ports publish the times for them all except P&O? I believe you stated at some point in the past that itineries are often booked a couple of years (at least) in advance. Ports know which ships are due in and at what times. From post no.31 it would appear that P&O DO know the times but just do not publish them.

They do know them!  Go to a shore excursions company and they know.  That's how I find out.

Edited by besberry

Just now, besberry said:

They do know them!  Go to a shore excursions company and they know.  That's how I find out.

I always go to the Cruise port tracker for them but they do not include P&O. One way is going to the port itself as it will give a guide as to which sips are in at what time.

5 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

I always go to the Cruise port tracker for them but they do not include P&O. One way is going to the port itself as it will give a guide as to which sips are in at what time.

But the excursion sites do them by itinerary, so all in one place. Less hassle that way!

21 hours ago, purplesea said:

We 

We have the same itinerary in the middle of May and haven't had any information from them about Palma.

As far as I can see from the Palma cruise schedules, Arvia is always in port with MSC Seaview which both have a capacity over 5000. MSC are using Palma as a home port so they won't be cancelled. Only one ship with 5000 passengers is allowed in port each day and a maximum of three ships, and for my cruise in September there are five ships scheduled, three of which have a capacity of more than 5000 . I think they'll look to secure berths in either Alicante or Valencia which they have for the cruise that was due to be in Palma 5th May. 

On 2/18/2023 at 12:50 PM, purplesea said:

We 

Hi Purplesea - assume you have paid your balance by now, have you still got Palma and Marseilles included or have you have notification of either of them being replaced. We are on the same cruise in June and have not heard anything but have not paid final balance yet.

As Purplesea has gone on holiday, I will reply on her behalf. We too are on the Arvia departure on 14th May, and can confirm that all our ports are still showing as originally listed.We paid our balance several weeks ago, but still expecting to see a change sooner or later! Hope that helps with your port /excursion planning BeeEss!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/5/2023 at 8:44 AM, bee-ess said:

Email P&O and ask for them, they don't reply quickly but you will get them. I always do this about 3 months before the cruise and they always send them to me. Be sure to ask for the ACTUAL times otherwise they will send the vague Morning, afternoon etc ones

They send them in this format

image.png.842e1220a1f20682904426229287c848.png

On 1/5/2023 at 4:09 PM, Sheltonbaytree said:

P&O very very quickly sent me the full schedule for my cruise - so thank you for the tip.  If anyone wants it here is the schedule for the 4th Feb 23 Arvia cruise

Screenshot_20230105_160622_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

I have a particular interest in port times for our US/Canada cruise in September, so will email P&O for the actual times as suggested.  Can I ask what email address you used for P&O when asking for them though, to make sure I have the best chance of getting a response?

Thank you both for reporting you were able to get the actual times the ship is due in port.  Though of course I do realise there can easily be some changes a better approximation would be very useful for that cruise.

Barbara

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, tring said:

I have a particular interest in port times for our US/Canada cruise in September, so will email P&O for the actual times as suggested.  Can I ask what email address you used for P&O when asking for them though, to make sure I have the best chance of getting a response?

Thank you both for reporting you were able to get the actual times the ship is due in port.  Though of course I do realise there can easily be some changes a better approximation would be very useful for that cruise.

Barbara

I type a question into this and they reply by email

https://www.pocruises.com/frequently-asked-questions

• Like 1

As fellow travellers have advised exact times aren't forthcoming. If you consider P&O and I presume other cruise lines can't even guarantee that you will go to a particular Port Of Call they won't be giving an exact time either. Maybe it's just me, but I do feel that cruise line T's & C's are hidden behind of when it comes to  them missing a port of call. Whereby they state that if circumstances arrive then they may not dock at a certain P of C. On a recent cruise we were told in advance that Key West was deleted from our schedule, four days before arrival at Bermuda for an overnight stop we were informed by the Captain that due to adverse weather we wouldn't be making this P of C. The reason for Key West was I believe due to them not wanting Ventura in. Yet they advertise the same cruise next year with Key West as part of the itinerary ? Whilst I am also aware that safety is paramount and adverse weather can prevent a ship docking it doesn't to me hold true that docking can or cannot be determined four days before arrival. Further to this I was told by P&O that if another P of C was available they would have docked. I questioned this as on previous occasions we have visited the US and it used to take five days. We travelled from Port Canaveral to Punta del Garda over six days and a further three days to get to Southampton. Missing Bermuda also meant after a call at La Coruna we had nine sea days before Freeport Bahamas. I also note that on many insurance policies missing ports of call can be covered forn extra money. Seeing as mine cost me £1800 I didn't take the extra out. But was told the T's and C's by P&O and told to claim from my insurance, which obviously I couldn't. Although cruiselines may have to feed people when not calling at a port they are also getting the extra spending onboard via drinks and other spending.

30 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

As fellow travellers have advised exact times aren't forthcoming. If you consider P&O and I presume other cruise lines can't even guarantee that you will go to a particular Port Of Call they won't be giving an exact time either. Maybe it's just me, but I do feel that cruise line T's & C's are hidden behind of when it comes to  them missing a port of call. Whereby they state that if circumstances arrive then they may not dock at a certain P of C. On a recent cruise we were told in advance that Key West was deleted from our schedule, four days before arrival at Bermuda for an overnight stop we were informed by the Captain that due to adverse weather we wouldn't be making this P of C. The reason for Key West was I believe due to them not wanting Ventura in. Yet they advertise the same cruise next year with Key West as part of the itinerary ? Whilst I am also aware that safety is paramount and adverse weather can prevent a ship docking it doesn't to me hold true that docking can or cannot be determined four days before arrival. Further to this I was told by P&O that if another P of C was available they would have docked. I questioned this as on previous occasions we have visited the US and it used to take five days. We travelled from Port Canaveral to Punta del Garda over six days and a further three days to get to Southampton. Missing Bermuda also meant after a call at La Coruna we had nine sea days before Freeport Bahamas. I also note that on many insurance policies missing ports of call can be covered forn extra money. Seeing as mine cost me £1800 I didn't take the extra out. But was told the T's and C's by P&O and told to claim from my insurance, which obviously I couldn't. Although cruiselines may have to feed people when not calling at a port they are also getting the extra spending onboard via drinks and other spending.

Nationwide FlexPlus charge only £40 p.a. for missed ports/cabin confinement - that's for a couple of you if have a joint account.  We got £150 p.p./day for cabin confinement last year.  Not sure what the missed port rate is - perhaps £100 iirc and presumably each if it's a joint account - realise there are other factors involved in choice of insurers but the extra you quote for your insurer sounds excessive to me (without knowing the details of course).  It may not be like for like but may be worth investigating.

Edited by kruzseeka

53 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

The reason for Key West was I believe due to them not wanting Ventura in. Yet they advertise the same cruise next year with Key West as part of the itinerary ? 

Yes that is true, but the cruise for the following year, (2025 which we have booked), never had Key West on the schedule and no other replacement port either.  I have been aware for a long time that there are ongoing court cases in Key West regards cruise ship calls, as they are limiting both the number and size of cruise ships.  Considering how crowded Key West was, when we visited on Oceana more than 10 years ago, I am not surprised and would indeed prefer not to go if the crowds are that bad, though another port or overnight elsewhere would have been greatly appreciated.

There is a lot about Key west that is searchable online, this is a fairly recent link  https://www.wlrn.org/news/2023-03-24/key-west-remains-divided-over-cruise-ships-did-the-city-break-its-own-rule-on-how-many-can-come  and the links on this page will keep you reading for a long time if anyone is interested  https://www.google.com/search?q=key+west+cruise+ship+restrictions&oq=Key+west+cruise+ship+restrictions&aqs=chrome.0.0i512j0i22i30j0i390i650l2.15332j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Similar is happening in Bar Harbor, which is on our itinerary for next September and until recently, I did not think we would be calling there.  I have been able to access some details of court cases with the local people and those who gain with jobs/profit from the cruise ships, against each other.  The latest one I have knowledge of has resulted in the pre-booked ships for this year being allowed to call, but a big court case is going ahead, the outcome of which will take effect for next year.  The plans are to limit ships to no more than one at a time, carrying no more than 1.000 pax and looks like that will be passed.  Iirc P&O still have a sailing next year that includes Bar Harbor, but it is not on the itinerary for the following year.

As we know there have been/are ongoing "discussions" in a number of Mediterranean ports as well, so not not unusual now.  We know P&O do not cancel their ships until they are cancelled because they would be entitled to compensation if they are cancelled and TBH there are obviously so many twists and turns on obtaining these restrictions, that it is  difficult to say a ship will definitely not call at a port until quite near the cruise.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

Nationwide FlexPlus charge only £40 p.a. for missed ports/cabin confinement - that's for a couple of you if have a joint account.  We got £150 p.p./day for cabin confinement last year.  Not sure what the missed port rate is - perhaps £100 iirc and presumably each if it's a joint account - realise there are other factors involved in choice of insurers but the extra you quote for your insurer sounds excessive to me (without knowing the details of course).  It may not be like for like but may be worth investigating.

Hello Kruz. This is not related to the thread. I just wanted to say thank-you for your concern a few weeks ago. All I replied was the 'thank you' button. I was using my phone at the time and find it difficult to type much on it.

I know you have a cruise coming up. I hope you have a wonderful time and are both feeling fit and well.

ps I've been waiting for your name to pop up so I could reply to you.

Sorry to everyone else for hijacking the thread for a short while.

2 hours ago, happy v said:

Hello Kruz. This is not related to the thread. I just wanted to say thank-you for your concern a few weeks ago. All I replied was the 'thank you' button. I was using my phone at the time and find it difficult to type much on it.

I know you have a cruise coming up. I hope you have a wonderful time and are both feeling fit and well.

ps I've been waiting for your name to pop up so I could reply to you.

Sorry to everyone else for hijacking the thread for a short while.

Thank you so much happy v.  Fjords again, but just so beautiful it lifts the soul (well mine at least!).  We never tire of it.  I do hope you are now recovered from your surgery and hopefully also looking forward to future travels.  Take care. 🤗

2 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

Thank you so much happy v.  Fjords again, but just so beautiful it lifts the soul (well mine at least!).  We never tire of it.  I do hope you are now recovered from your surgery and hopefully also looking forward to future travels.  Take care. 🤗

Travels on hold at the moment due to hubby awaiting surgery. However watch this space 😄

7 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

I opened an account just for cruising with them for the insurance and the £40 upgrade cover. Their credit and debit cards do not attract foreign transaction charges either. Sail with Cunard so this is an extra win as all onboard is in dollars. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, happy v said:

Travels on hold at the moment due to hubby awaiting surgery. However watch this space 😄

Gosh both of you under the cosh. Hope your hubby soon has his surgery and a speedy recovery..........  keep tracking the cruises and jump in again ASAP.   Good luck! 

• Thanks 1