Miami cruise to airport for 11AM flight

MamatoJack

I know, I should be looking at noon or later flights but doing so doubles the cost of the flight or has us not getting out until 6 PM or later. Kiddo is NOT a good flyer and won't eat the day we fly so it makes for a very long day for him. Cruising on Carnival Horizon, debarking on a Sunday. Flight is with United to Newark (and then connecting from there to home). We would carry off our bags as soon as allowed, and probably just take a taxi since I think it's fairly close to the airport. We won't have bags to check for the flight, just carryon, will do check in online in advance, and have global entry/nexus if that helps things. 

Am I crazy? The flights home for this cruise have been driving me nuts. I have no idea why they are all so expensive, it's May 7th. What the heck is happening that day that has all these flights so expensive? Makes no sense to me. I've been considering cancelling the whole thing and losing the deposit but I really want to cruise, and the ABC islands are on my bucket list. I don't want to miss out. 

You can do it...it requires you to move very efficiently, something not done easily with a child in tow. MIA can be very busy and slow through check in and security. But you have pre-planned those very well.

Walk off as quickly as possible and grab the first cab you see. It might be a very stressful day, particularly for your kiddo....who of course is not a good flyer.

• Like 1

For and 11:00 flight you need to be at MIA by about 9:00 - earlier is better with the typical TSA chaos (Clear? Precheck?).  The cab ride from POM to MIA takes about 20 minutes - so that translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration by about 8:30 or earlier.  Carry your bags off and you should be okay.

• Like 1