September 2024 - Eastern Med Cruises (terrible options)

Gishua_

I hadn't looked at September, until now.   And, yes, Turkey and better Eastern Med itineraries are lacking!   Where were you hoping to visit Turkey?

We are looking at an early pre-season 2024 itinerary on the new Sun that we really like.  But, that goes away once the season starts, and the ports are busy, and the itineraries really start to show that.  There might be some cool weather!  But we love the itinerary.  And less crowds.

I expect that not everything has been posted for Sept 2024.  For example the schedule for the Enchanted Princess has not been posted after Feb 2024 yet.  That is the ship doing that area in 2023.

2 minutes ago, ldtr said:

I expect that not everything has been posted for Sept 2024.  For example the schedule for the Enchanted Princess has not been posted after Feb 2024 yet.  That is the ship doing that area in 2023.

That is good point. Thank you for the insight here. 

4 minutes ago, ldtr said:

I believe the Sun Princess replaces the Enchanted. I’m hoping I’m wrong because I don’t like the way Sun Princess is laid out. 

Edited by DHP1

5 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I hadn't looked at September, until now.   And, yes, Turkey and better Eastern Med itineraries are lacking!   Where were you hoping to visit Turkey?

We are looking at an early pre-season 2024 itinerary on the new Sun that we really like.  But, that goes away once the season starts, and the ports are busy, and the itineraries really start to show that.  There might be some cool weather!  But we love the itinerary.  And less crowds.

Its my Mother-in-laws 60th so we are looking specifically for end of September (Istanbul, Mykonos, Santorini, Ephesus, Athens, Valletta, ... So on.) Don't really like the Island princess, as that is the only option now. 

26 minutes ago, Gishua_ said:

The options in September 2024 for eastern med, specifically Greece, Turkey and Sicily are lacking and terrible.  Every other year there have been a lot of option on a lot of ship types. Whats going on?

You will need to booked in August to see those countries. We’re on one of those cruise. 

2 minutes ago, Gishua_ said:

Any idea of where Enchanted is headed? There are no itineraries after march 2023?

I’m hoping Europe but I don’t think so. Europe cruises are on sail now and going fast. 

17 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

You will need to booked in August to see those countries. We’re on one of those cruise. 

Or on Celebrity or HAL. Crazy princess wouldn't have a newer ship during this time, it busy season and their 2023 cruises at this time are all almost sold out. 

24 minutes ago, Gishua_ said:

Its my Mother-in-laws 60th so we are looking specifically for end of September (Istanbul, Mykonos, Santorini, Ephesus, Athens, Valletta, ... So on.) Don't really like the Island princess, as that is the only option now. 

I agree, how can you have Istanbul and not Ephesus on same sailing. Better choices for 2023. 

27 minutes ago, Gishua_ said:

Or on Celebrity or HAL. Crazy princess wouldn't have a newer ship during this time, it busy season and their 2023 cruises at this time are all almost sold out. 

Any of these Sep 2024 NCL look interesting?

Cruises & Cruise Deals | Plan Your Cruise Vacation | NCL

This one even includes Egypt if you want to see the pyramids.

image.thumb.png.2292ea381cd1ec06ed799b5fd48ee685.png

Edited by Ken the cruiser

2 hours ago, ldtr said:

Enchanted is supposed to do Caribbean and Canada/New England between spring and fall 2024, replacing Caribbean Princess. No official program out yet, but I know it from insider information, including one port agent.

I am afraid that this is the Princess line-up, and that the busy season and the limits on available port berths is a big factor.

It is a wonderful idea to plan a European Cruise for a big anniversary!!!   But, I would think the specific date might be less important than the actual Anniversary date?   If this is a big one time trip, The itinerary would be important!

Is Istanbul a bucket list for them, as well as Kusadasi?  

On 1/5/2023 at 1:46 PM, Gishua_ said:

The options in September 2024 for eastern med, specifically Greece, Turkey and Sicily are lacking and terrible.  Every other year there have been a lot of option on a lot of ship types. Whats going on?

Check Oceania their Med options are much more interesting