VG Baths with Cruise line or something else?

luvsun22

I have been planning to visit the Baths on my own via a ferry and taxi, but just realized that the ferry service doesn't run on Sundays when we will be in Tortola. Is there another option aside from a cruise ship excursion?   If we don't see the Baths, what else is recommended aside from Jost Van Dyke?  

On 1/5/2023 at 3:08 PM, luvsun22 said:

I have been planning to visit the Baths on my own via a ferry and taxi, but just realized that the ferry service doesn't run on Sundays when we will be in Tortola. Is there another option aside from a cruise ship excursion?   If we don't see the Baths, what else is recommended aside from Jost Van Dyke?  

If time permits we would consider one of the excellent cat sails, including Aristocat, Kursk, and Patouche. They offer the east option, which includes snorkeling at the Indians and the Caves with a stop at Cooper, Peter Island or the Bight on Norman, or perhaps a stop at the Willy T! Or the west which includes a stop at White Bay, Jost, and perhaps Diamond Cay or maybe Little Jost.

We are hoping to do the Baths when we visit on the Celebrity Apex on March 1st (a Wednesday).  The best option I can find is Sensation Ferries.  They have a shuttle at 8:30 from Road Town and returning from Virgin Gorda at 1:45. $40 per person including transportation from the Ferry dock to the Baths and back.

Has anyone done it with Sensation Ferries?  I was looking at Speedy's but the times don't really work out well.  You either have way too little or way too much time in Virgin Gorda. 

Thanks! 

12 hours ago, drevil0208 said:

I was looking at Speedy's but the times don't really work out well.  You either have way too little or way too much time in Virgin Gorda. 

Thanks! 

You can’t have too much time on VG! Just my opinion of course. If you have a long port day, renting a car there makes for a great day!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone done Sensation departure at 8:30 and return with Speedy's at 11:45? I'm thinking that this might be our best option, but I would be needing to arrange transportation to the baths. I would like to go, but we have a family member who can't handle much longer than this at a beach.

Have not taken that excursion, just a comment on the transportation…

You can arrange the taxi transfer between the ferry and the Top of the Baths with Speedy’s as part of your package (if you want that). But there are drivers at the ferry marina waiting to whisk folks to the Top and to other destinations.

And if your family member just isn’t excited about the walk down to the Baths, followed by the journey through the boulders and the hike back up, he/she can stay at the Top of the Baths if so desired. Another option is he/she could walk down to the beach with you, and when you make your way through the boulders your family member could head back up to the Top. Small pool and shade there…

Edited by blue_water