Afternoon evening dock time, what to do?

Davidm199

We will be in port from 1pm to 8pm in March. What is there that we can do for tours? It will be me, wife and 7 year old daughter. My wife and I have done a piton, waterloo, mud bath boat tour 3 years ago. We are looking to do a beach day or maybe a tour if one will fit our schedule.

1 hour ago, Davidm199 said:

We will be in port from 1pm to 8pm in March. What is there that we can do for tours? It will be me, wife and 7 year old daughter. My wife and I have done a piton, waterloo, mud bath boat tour 3 years ago. We are looking to do a beach day or maybe a tour if one will fit our schedule.

Try Pigeon Island. 30 or so minutes north, national Park with hikes, beach, ruins, two restaurants, absolutely lovely spot, easy to fill an afternoon and be back in plenty of time for sail away. Or, after the park, go into Rodney Bay for sunset at Spinnakers and some appetizers, then back to ship.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the information. You have helped us make our decision on what to do with our 1/2 day in port. How much can we expect for a taxi to Pigeon Island? Is it easy to find a taxi at the end of the day for our return to port?

2 hours ago, cats04 said:

Thanks for the information. You have helped us make our decision on what to do with our 1/2 day in port. How much can we expect for a taxi to Pigeon Island? Is it easy to find a taxi at the end of the day for our return to port?

$35usd one way for up to 4 persons. (Total, not pp).

The driver will usually ask if you want them to wait/return at a specific time.

There's also usually a few drivers right outside the gate. 

Pretty sure the park is open til 5, so after you may want to head to Rodney Bay for sunset. Spinnakers is in the beach, does 2-4-1 happy hour 5-7, and stunning views. I'd suggest a reservation if you're interested (make it a day or two before)

Or one of the restaurants on the beach right outside the park - Joe's Grill and Chill is great, friendly, well priced, really good food and cocktails..

Enjoy 

• 1 month later...

Hey...just wanted to say to reedprincess...Thank you!  I have been reading all of your posts and am gathering the info to make a good informed decision about our 1-8pm time on the island.  I have been before but honestly can't remember everything we did.  I know I have done the Pitons...and I think a sea turtle catamaran...this time still thinking about it.

Anyway...thank you for all the recommendations!!!   I so appreciate all you do to share with people here!!

7 hours ago, goldens4ever said:

Hey...just wanted to say to reedprincess...Thank you!  I have been reading all of your posts and am gathering the info to make a good informed decision about our 1-8pm time on the island.  I have been before but honestly can't remember everything we did.  I know I have done the Pitons...and I think a sea turtle catamaran...this time still thinking about it.

Anyway...thank you for all the recommendations!!!   I so appreciate all you do to share with people here!!

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated!

The sea turtle catamaran was likely Barbados - that's not really an offering here. While we do get sea turtles nesting during the season, we don't have an area where they're usually found like Barbados, etc. 

Happy sails..