Need assistance - Israel and Eygpt tours - Celebrity Infinity

Nick487

Hi everyone, I have not posted in a very long time - question about shore excursions - when do they become available through Celebrity? My cruise is 400+ days away but I only see very few available. Thanks for any help.

2 hours ago, Nick487 said:

Hi everyone, I have not posted in a very long time - question about shore excursions - when do they become available through Celebrity? My cruise is 400+ days away but I only see very few available. Thanks for any help.

Since covid excursions populate much closer to sailing.  Would think most would be there  about 6-8 months before your cruise.  Had additions and deletions on a December cruise until October. 

We recently returned from Israel on the Odyssey.

We did not book through the ship.  We booked a three day package through Guided Tours Israel.

We did an overnight in Ashdod and a day ported in Haifa.

Day one we went to Jerusalem and Bethlehem.  Day two we did Masada and the Dead Sea.  Day three we went to Galilee.

Be prepared for long bus rides since none of the sights are close to the ports.

I would heartily recommend them as a tour company.

Not to say that we didn't run into a few hiccups along the way.

But it is Israel.  Just so long as your expectations are not unrealistic.  Security is tight.  The tours are long and tiring.  Ship happens.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nick487 said:

Are you on the April 15th, 2024 sailing? We are on this one and like they said Celebrity will open tours as we closer to the sail date. I mostly do private tours you need to watch for and sign up for your Roll Call you will find others also setting up private tours you can join. There may be a roll call already I have not looked yet but never do anymore until about 12 months from my cruise date. Celebrity tours have always been great but I prefer a small goup maybe 8-10 people max. so I go private when I can.

10 hours ago, Arubamoose said:

We recently returned from Israel on the Odyssey.

We did not book through the ship.  We booked a three day package through Guided Tours Israel.

We did an overnight in Ashdod and a day ported in Haifa.

Day one we went to Jerusalem and Bethlehem.  Day two we did Masada and the Dead Sea.  Day three we went to Galilee.

Be prepared for long bus rides since none of the sights are close to the ports.

I would heartily recommend them as a tour company.

Not to say that we didn't run into a few hiccups along the way.

But it is Israel.  Just so long as your expectations are not unrealistic.  Security is tight.  The tours are long and tiring.  Ship happens.

We also used this tour provider for our cruise on the Apex in October.  They guides are fantastic and very knowledgeable.  Each day was 10 to 12 hours due to the distance and traffic. 

• Like 1

Please don't waste time on a big, slow-moving ship tour!  You will see less & be in a crowd!

OP, use Guided Tours Israel (GTI).  You will have a much better experience in a land that is truly unforgettable. 

Like Ex-Airbalancer above, we used GTI about 10 years ago and it's still one of our best travel experiences ever.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PelicanLvr said:

Please don't waste time on a big, slow-moving ship tour!  You will see less & be in a crowd!

OP, use Guided Tours Israel (GTI).  You will have a much better experience in a land that is truly unforgettable. 

Like Ex-Airbalancer above, we used GTI about 10 years ago and it's still one of our best travel experiences ever.

True 

you waste less time waiting at WC STOP with a van of 12 compared to a buses of 40 🤣

On 1/5/2023 at 10:25 PM, Nick487 said:

I have not cruised in Israel, but I used a guide there last time I was there.  He’ll go anywhere and probably meet you at the cruise port.  I know he does both Jewish and Christian tours and speaks English, Hebrew, and Italian well.  If you are interested, I can post a link to his service.

9 minutes ago, stefanny28 said:

Hello everyone,

I haven't posted for a while, since the pandemic.

We are booked on the Infinity for March 15th ( Israel and Egypt). I am also interested in your recommendation for a tour company in Egypt.

Thanks

https://www.tour-guide-israel.co.il/

That is Yuval’s company.  His reviews on TripAdvisor are first rate as well.  83 reviews, every one of them is 5 stars. 

Oops, you wanted Egypt.  I thought you may be interested in Israel.

Edited by hubofhockey
Provided guide for Israel, not Egypt

23 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

https://www.tour-guide-israel.co.il/

That is Yuval’s company.  His reviews on TripAdvisor are first rate as well.  83 reviews, every one of them is 5 stars. 

Oops, you wanted Egypt.  I thought you may be interested in Israel.

Thank you for your Israel recommendation. Would you be so kind to give me some Egypt tours companies?

I am having problem finding a reliable operator in Alexandria .

Thanks

Sorry, I have never been to Egypt.  On my next trip, I do hope to make it to Petra in Jordan and Eilat in Israel as well.  If you get in touch with Yuval, you can ask him for Egypt references.  Maybe he knows.  As an FYI, all of the guides in Israel have to be licensed.  I know Yuval does the driving and professional guiding and can do small private tours and can also has access to a larger vehicle.  Just a nice guy.  

1 hour ago, hubofhockey said:

Sorry, I have never been to Egypt.  On my next trip, I do hope to make it to Petra in Jordan and Eilat in Israel as well.  If you get in touch with Yuval, you can ask him for Egypt references.  Maybe he knows.  As an FYI, all of the guides in Israel have to be licensed.  I know Yuval does the driving and professional guiding and can do small private tours and can also has access to a larger vehicle.  Just a nice guy.  

In Jordan Abdullah Nawaflehhttps://www.abdullah-privateguide.com was one of the best guides we have use 

it was April 2017 when I organize the trip to Petra from the Infinity 

9 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

In Jordan Abdullah Nawaflehhttps://www.abdullah-privateguide.com was one of the best guides we have use 

it was April 2017 when I organize the trip to Petra from the Infinity 

I would do Petra from Eilat next trip to Israel in 2-3 years.  I have to figure out my next trip to Israel.  Thinking Tzfat, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and Eilat with Petra.  

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, azgrandmax3 said:

On the tours from Ashad with (GTI) does anyone know the cost of entry fees and average meal cost would be??

THANK YOU

The cost of our tours this October from Ashdod with GTI were as follows:

Jerusalem and Bethlehem were $99.  Lunch was on your own and we spent about $20 each.

Masada and Dead Sea were $115 and $25 for Masada and $15 for Dead Sea.  Again we spent about $20 for lunch.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 9:30 AM, hubofhockey said:

I have not cruised in Israel, but I used a guide there last time I was there.  He’ll go anywhere and probably meet you at the cruise port.  I know he does both Jewish and Christian tours and speaks English, Hebrew, and Italian well.  If you are interested, I can post a link to his service.

I would love that info. Thank you, fellow B's fan!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 6:16 PM, Arubamoose said:

The cost of our tours this October from Ashdod with GTI were as follows:

Jerusalem and Bethlehem were $99.  Lunch was on your own and we spent about $20 each.

Masada and Dead Sea were $115 and $25 for Masada and $15 for Dead Sea.  Again we spent about $20 for lunch.

We're looking to book with GTI so this is really helpful thanks. Were there any additional entry fees payable for visits to sites such as the Basilica of the Annunciation and the Church of the Nativity, or are they included in the cost of the tour?

43 minutes ago, Simon-t said:

We're looking to book with GTI so this is really helpful thanks. Were there any additional entry fees payable for visits to sites such as the Basilica of the Annunciation and the Church of the Nativity, or are they included in the cost of the tour?

You should check with GTI , as there could be changes in the  last couple of years 

• Thanks 1