GS on Serenade ~ noise from above?

mafig

I've always read concerns about noise from the Centrum for some of the Grand Suites on the Radiance-class ships, but I just realized that some of them are below the pool area.  They certainly are not below cabins.

Is there a problem with noise from above in the Grand Suites on Serenade?  Which ones?

Those are my favorite ships, unfortunately all the suites are located under some passenger area. The worst noise I ever had was under the tiled area of the Windjammer. We were kept awake by trolleys being pushed across those tiles at 3am. I think under the pool would be preferable to that. I usually try to get one of the aft JS cabins. They are under the outdoor eating area, but I’ve never been bothered by noise there. That being said, I have a booking coming up in a midship OS. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, mafig said:

That's what I thought!  Everyone talks about the noise from the Centrum, but few mention the noise from above. 

Any suggestions for a quiet Grand Suite on Serenade?

We were in 1550 on the Serenade in November and never heard any noise from the Centrum or above.

• Thanks 1

On Serenade in GS 1552 last month...right under smokers section on pool deck, chairs moving around real early. No smoke smell, for clarification, only the chairs moving around. Just an inconvenience.  Have 1556 on Brilliance and 1554 on Serenade coming up. 

Edited by tvnewsengineer
I suck at typing
  • Thanks 1

We had GS 1552 on Serenade in November. Noise from the Centrum was really bad one night so we asked guest services to close the hallway door. They said it was not allowed. A few nights the noise from the pool deck was horrendous - it sounded like they were dragging chains and dropping barbells on the pool deck above. I wouldn't book this location again.

• Thanks 1