Live: 10 Nights Ultimate Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Celebrity Edge January 13-23

bnurick

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

bnurick was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Take II! I butchered the sailing dates. 😞

It has been just over 6 months since our Bermuda cruise on the Summit.  Looking forward to being back on the Edge again (last was March 2022) and in the same cabin which we really enjoyed (Sky Suite).  Our last Retreat Host on this ship was Anastasiia and we are hoping we might get her again.  Will be trying out the Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel for a couple nights before Embarkation, a first for us.  Making the final packing list, packing our four bottles of wine and making last-minute Amazon orders.  Still polishing out the dining lineup as we need to find out when the Veuve Clicquot dinner is once onboard and will then add a couple Raw on 5 nights.  The excursions are in good order.  Below listed are both by day number and while we have been to these islands at least once before, any tips or ideas are welcome.

1) Eden

2) Luminae

3) Fine Cut Steakhouse, received a voicemail it is now not being offered on night three 😞

4) Luminae

5) Luminae

6) Luminae

7) Luminae

Eight) Fine Cut Steakhouse

9) Lumine (think it is lobster night)

10) Eden

4) St. Maarten: Booked a boat day with Billy Bones Charter.

5) St. Lucia: Chef's Market Discoveries & Private Dinner.

6) Barbados: Carlisle Bay Beach Break.

7) Antigua: Catamaran Cruise with Lobster Lunch.

Eight) Kitts & Nevis: Catamaran Fan-ta-sea to Nevis with Snorkel.

Seven days to go!

Brian and Cameron @mcclarke1

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 4

There is talk on these boards that as of Jan 1st there is greatly reduced offerings in the buffet at dinnertime, room service has a charge of $9.95 plus 20% service charge for all orders other than continental breakfast (cold items) except for suites. As well, the lobster dinner is now one per person with a charge of $17 plus service fee for each additional one. No idea whether they’re now offering Maine/Canadian lobster instead of the spiny ones to account for the extra charge. None of these changes should affect you, we’ll see how we fare next month in our regular balcony. We love Silhouette also with all the extra restaurants…have Tuscan booked the first night. 

@Barwick Cruiser 

I had to start a new thread as I mess up the dates. Ugh, it seems they have already cut back on the bourbon selection. We did Disney a month ago and they had everything imaginable. On Celebrity they do not seem to have what the packages say they do. Perhaps this cruise will be different.  Thank you for the information.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, bnurick said:

It has been just over 6 months since our Bermuda cruise on the Summit.  Looking forward to being back on the Edge again (last was March 2022) and in the same cabin which we really enjoyed (Sky Suite).  Our last Retreat Host on this ship was Anastasiia and we are hoping we might get her again.  Will be trying out the Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel for a couple nights before Embarkation, a first for us.  Making the final packing list, packing our four bottles of wine and making last-minute Amazon orders.  Still polishing out the dining lineup as we need to find out when the Veuve Clicquot dinner is once onboard and will then add a couple Raw on 5 nights.  The excursions are in good order.  Below listed are both by day number and while we have been to these islands at least once before, any tips or ideas are welcome.

1) Eden

2) Luminae

3) Fine Cut Steakhouse, received a voicemail it is now not being offered on night three 😞

4) Luminae

5) Luminae

6) Luminae

7) Luminae

10) Eden

Seven days to go!

Any idea why Fine Cut Steakhouse is now not being offered on night three? I was told the first sea day both at the beginning and end of our trip would be the Evening Chic nights so that wouldn't be the reason.

2 hours ago, Fivelinks said:

Any idea why Fine Cut Steakhouse is now not being offered on night three? I was told the first sea day both at the beginning and end of our trip would be the Evening Chic nights so that wouldn't be the reason.

No clue.  I returned the call, but the person I got had no information.  The reservation still shows so we will see what happens.  This cruise had availability and then all of a sudden was sold out.  Now there are only a cabin or two per category, so perhaps there is a corporate event of sorts…. Just a guess.

Just now, spiritkat090909 said:

Re: Fine Cut n/a on night 3... perhaps a specialty dinner night? Such as Chef's Dinner or Veuve Clicquot.

Usually, Chef's Table is the one long table in the semi-private room (we have done before). I do not know where they do Veuve Clicquot on the Edge but guessing the same spot.

On similar cruise end of February.

have a great cruise

IF u  get time please report what the muster drill was like. I’m guessing it’s like other lines are doing, watching a video and just going to the Muster station to get checked off. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dodger1964 said:

have a great cruise

IF u  get time please report what the muster drill was like. I’m guessing it’s like other lines are doing, watching a video and just going to the Muster station to get checked off. 

Will do and hope so. On Disney a couple months ago, we had it the old way which was suboptimal...

16 hours ago, dodger1964 said:

have a great cruise

We sailed Apex and Edge last year along with Silhouette and Reflection. All ships you watch the video through the Celebrity App and then go to your muster station to have your card dinged. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Boarding our flights today for Ft.Lauderdale.  We’ve had some hiccups with the FAA issues this morning, but so far seems to be minor for us.  Flying Delta from Cincinnati and connecting in Atlanta.  Hope all goes well for the rest of the day.

Received an email the Veuve Clicquot dinner will not be made available on our sailing. 😢 We really enjoy this dinner and have met some great folks at it over the years. Will check this one off the to do list. 

3 minutes ago, mcclarke1 said:

Boarding our flights today for Ft.Lauderdale.  We’ve had some hiccups with the FAA issues this morning, but so far seems to be minor for us.  Flying Delta from Cincinnati and connecting in Atlanta.  Hope all goes well for the rest of the day.

This was the BIG topic in the news this am -  all flights were delayed until 9 am EST, the FAA alert system has been out.

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2023 at 4:55 PM, bnurick said:

1) Eden

2) Luminae

4) Luminae

5) Luminae

6) Luminae

7) Luminae

10) Eden

Seven days to go!

If you are doing the Catamaran Cruise with Creole Antigua you will LOVE it!  We have done it 2x before and they crew is just fantastic.  We have also done the Carlisle Bay Beach break and love it too.  Have  a great cruise

• Like 1

Made it to Ft.Lauderdale.  First flight was delayed longer, so we missed our connection in Atlanta.  Originally, the app only showed rebooking options for early the next day and panic was starting to set in, but after several refreshes of the app, Brian was able to rebook us on the next flight to FLL.  Seems many people were missing Atlanta connections yesterday.  Landed in FLL and sat on the tarmac for 50 minutes because of a problem with the plane that hadn’t left our gate yet.  It was definitely a day of needing patience.  Finally arrived at the Conrad on the beach, sat at the outdoor bar for the restaurant and had a great meal.  It was a bit of a party scene and I was not blending in with my Mickey Mouse hoodie and yoga pants, but for the most part everyone was kind and asking us where we were from.  The Conrad is a very nice hotel and the staff has been very helpful.  Looking forward to some walking and a day at the beach.

• Like 1

Just checked in at home to find out our children are taking shelter in a tornado warning and an earthquake hit 30 miles south of our home.  They didn’t feel the earthquake. Checked the rotation in the storm and looks like it will miss our kids.  Many prayers to everyone in the path.🙏

• Like 1

All clear at home.  Not hearing of any major reports of damage.  Always have some worry when we travel.  I love to travel, but leaving the kids at home makes me a little sad.  They are 19 and 16 yrs old and I know they are fine,  but wish I could always bring them with me.  However. they love when we travel without them and leave them at home.😊  Back to last night, we dined at Takato in the Conrad, which is a Japanese Korean style restaurant and the food was amazing. We had the Duck Bao Buns, Kimchi Short Rib Tacos, Kimchi Fried Rice and a Kimchi Tuna Sushi Roll.  My favorite dishes were the tacos and fried rice.  Forgot to take photos.  I did take a photo of my cocktail that was a Shikoku Margarita.  I don’t like a tart margarita and I don’t like really sweet drinks..  The bartender warned me it’s not sweet, but it does have agave and I really enjoyed it.  Photo of the drink below.

5F0F6169-A8C6-487C-A926-DC2FF35E1D80.jpeg

• Like 5

Got a late start to the day.  The weather is wonderful here in Ft. Lauderdale, so we took a 90 minute walk along the beach.  Returned to our room at the Conrad and enjoying the view until it’s time to get ready for dinner.  We will have dinner tonight at Il Mulino in Sunny Isles.

22F2EABF-5453-4645-93BD-6F227C6F9D3A.jpeg

C59D3354-851F-48E6-9360-A3AF17313CED.jpeg

• Like 3