MIA pre-Cruise Hotel - somewhat unique circumstances

crusinmomwithtwo

I know the MIA pre-cruise hotel question has been asked a ton (and I think I've read them all).  Our situation is a little different. I always book for two nights even though we only stay one.  We fly into FLL, land at 6 am on 3/11, cruise is 3/12. I will book a room for the 10th and 11th, so the room is ready for us as soon as we arrive around 7 am.  Which means I am paying for 2 nights and only staying for one. There are three of us, myself, and my two daughters 13 year old and 11 year old.

The twist is that I am a bit of a hotel snob due to the fact that I work in hospitality in Las Vegas in a 5 star hotel, so looking for more upscale, or at least newer and clean and safe. Stayed at the Intercontinental last time in a bay view room and it was just okay.

I'd like to stay less than about 700 a night.  

Considering the Kimpton Epic, the Cadillac Miami Beach, the Intercontinental again.  Any other thoughts?

Intercontinental is an older hotel built in the 80s. Unless you really want to be in Miami Beach for the day, I would stick with Downtown Miami and Brickell. Brickell has some nicer hotels. East Miami is not 5-star but new and in a great location. There is also the Four Seasons in Brickell, JW Marriott (4-star built in early 2000s) in Brickell. Mandarin Oriental on Brickell Key is very nice. W Miami is also an option. JW Marquis and Epic are also good options right next to each other. 

• Like 1

Kimpton Epic is best by a long shot.  It's right there and is one of the newer hotels on Biscayne Blvd.  I worked in the building across the street and would go over there at lunch time to watch the dolphins in Biscayne Bay.